Diabetic Apps / Reduction in Headaches

PXJmcr

So I was diagnosed with type 2 around a year ago and have struggled with managing glucose levels.

I now use an app where I record times of medication, food and readings as well as detail such as carbs and where I had headaches (which have been a huge issue).

anyway, I have discovered that eating too close to tablet time seems to cause a spike in glucose as well as high carb meals. I now avoid large carb fluctuations, keep sugar low and my headaches have been far less due to more consistent glucose levels.

just wondered if anyone else used any apps and if they found them useful and which apps were preferred. I use MySugr and in addition I use My Fitness Pal as I can keep check on nutrition levels in a bit more detail.

It can be a pain logging ridiculous amounts of data, but it’s worth it to understand what my levels are doing and it’s been bliss not having headaches all the time.

Reactions: NaijaChick

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I use Apple health, Apple Watch to track pretty much everything. My scale and other devices are connected via Bluetooth.

I use my fitness pal to work out my meal plans, pretty helpful to breakout the macros and calories.

Sarah Jane H

I am 10 months into my diagnosis of type 2. I use My Sugr has helped me get my Hba1c down from 148 to 58. It has helped me learn what foods I can't tolerate. My doctor also signed me up for My mhealth it's helped a lot as I can log all my test results, track medication, keep track of my check ups has educational videos, fitness videos and more. It provides reports, the only thing I don't like is the reminder to weigh myself on a Monday. These 2 apps have helped me take control of my diabetes Instead of it controlling me. I agree ca be a pain logging so many details but the benefits for me are worth it.