IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I've had excellent control of my T2 for 12 years BUT
Now in the last 2 weeks I've had rashes of blisters mainly on arms & legs, but some on my body.
Any advice?

I've been diagnosed T2 for 20 years. Diagnosed with proximal neuropathy - numbness in my right thigh.
12 years ago the neuropathy pain became crippling. At that time I joined the forum & learnt the importance of a low carb, high fat diet, rather than the complex carb, low fat diet advised by doctor & Diabetes UK. I was free from pain in 3 months & playing tennis again.

Today, at 81, I still play tennis at club standard, mixing in with younger folk. My diet became a keto lifestyle.

In August my BG which had been stable for years (HbA1c below 50) drifted up, my BG above 9 instead of below 8. The painful neuropathy returned so I restarted metformin. BG now averages 7.2. The pain has ceased & I'm playing tennis after a few weeks off.

Now in the last 2 weeks I've had rashes of blisters mainly on arms & legs, but some on my body.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had excellent control of my T2 for 12 years BUT
Any advice?

I've been diagnosed T2 for 20 years. Diagnosed with proximal neuropathy - numbness in my right thigh.
12 years ago the neuropathy pain became crippling. At that time I joined the forum & learnt the importance of a low carb, high fat diet, rather than the complex carb, low fat diet advised by doctor & Diabetes UK. I was free from pain in 3 months & playing tennis again.

Today, at 81, I still play tennis at club standard, mixing in with younger folk. My diet became a keto lifestyle.

In August my BG which had been stable for years (HbA1c below 50) drifted up, my BG above 9 instead of below 8. The painful neuropathy returned so I restarted metformin. BG now averages 7.2. The pain has ceased & I'm playing tennis after a few weeks off.

Sounds like something to discuss with your Doc, Ian.

Are you well in yourself? Have you had shingles? Just a random thought based on the vesicles you describe.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
or started using a different washing power or shampoo perhaps?
A doctor needs to see

Reactions: dmckatana

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Sounds like something to discuss with your Doc, Ian.

Are you well in yourself? Have you had shingles? Just a random thought based on the vesicles you describe.

I gave photos to the doctor yesterday & he phoned to make a personal appt today - to see if there was something insidious. I woke up this morning with the rash, played 3 sets of tennis, went round Tesco's, saw the doc & walked to school to collect my granddaughter.. Most of the rash had subsided, he could just see where they had been. There were just a few isolated blisters to show.

Obviously they are not "proper" blisters as they have no fluid to leak. He didn't think they were a diabetes problem & suggested I should do nothing about them for a few weeks to see if they go away or become a problem.

I had shingles 10 years ago & have since been vaccinated against it.