1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetic clinic results.

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by gefmayhem, Sep 17, 2008.

1. gefmayhem

gefmayhem · Well-Known Member

Hi
    I joined this forum back in early July as I was having problems with my control.
    I was advised to try lo-carb, I did this and last Friday I went to my first clinic in a year.
    My weight had dropped from 95 kg to 90kg, according to my scales this loss happened in the last 3 months or so.
    my blood pressure went from 147/80 to 144/82.
    Kidneys test from 28 to negative.
    HbA1c from 9.7 to 6.6
    These are the only figures I was given.
    I was told to keep doing whatever it was I was doing to get the improvement.
    I said I was low carbing and was told 'Fair enough, keep an eye out for hypos'.
    This was from a young oriental lady (young to me anyway) and she seemed happy enough with the results to not worry about the low carbs.
    Not the reaction I was expecting, the last time I told them I was low carbing I was told not to do that as its dangerous and medically unsound.

I'm type 2 and have been for about 18 years, on metformin 2000mg, Minodiab 20mg, Ramipril 2.5 mg, Simvastatin 40 mg and Avandia 8 mg all per day.

Thanks from a happy bunny :D

2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

Now that's the sort of results that show we are on the right track!!

3. fergus

fergus Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Outstanding gefmayhem!
    I was having a rotten day so far until I read your post, now I feel much happier.
    Would you like to post your results on the 'Success Stories' thread, because I think it deserves to be there?
    All the best,

fergus

4. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook