Diabetic Craft Club

S

Sable_Jan

I'm sorry if I came off a little harsh! I just feel strongly about the way they manage it and if people are interested in knitting for these charities, I feel it's important to know the differences between them. Some of it is just my opinion though, and everyone is free to choose whichever charity they like. :)

The feedback I've had has been more than positive. These don't require special bras (which can run up to €300 each easily) and they're very lightweight so they don't agitate the tender skin and scarring tissue.
Nothing to apologize for....and I get where your coming from......

tinyfilosofer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
b52e3c157c141f47c43e8aca05ec3bb0.jpg

New toy. Knitting my dog a bed with it as first project.

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hahah knitting doll!? I need to Google what it is.
Otherwise known as dolly bobbin cos they were made from cotton reels with 4 nails hammered in and a face painted on. That's when cotton reels were wooden. Process would be similar to what you have..wind the wool around each pin in turn and make a stitch, pass the tail end through the centre then knit around and around until you have a long narrow tube. Then do with it as you please. Could make good ties for a knitted hat instead of ribbon or cord

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I bought one that can thread its own needle a couple of months ago. It has saved me hours

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

I bought one that can thread its own needle a couple of months ago. It has saved me hours
Amazing how it does it. Was a bit fiddly the first few times until I got used to it but still easier than trying to get it in manually or using a needle threader.
I've tried to do it slowly to capture the action but it doesn't work then. Got mine in Lidl... my friend pointed it out...took a photo and sent it to me. I was about to say, again, it's an overlocker I'm looking for (they had some I missed - sold out too fast) but spotted "automatic needle threader" on the box. Had me sold...and whilst I wouldn't quite call it "automatic" I'm still thrilled with it. My eldest is going to have my 20+ yrs old New Home one and Janome have kindly sent a PDF of the instructions book....

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My sister has heard a rumour that they are getting more in October. I didn't think I needed one until I was given one as a Christmas present. Saves hours and the seams look really neat. I rarely make something on which it is not used

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

My sister has heard a rumour that they are getting more in October. I didn't think I needed one until I was given one as a Christmas present. Saves hours and the seams look really neat. I rarely make something on which it is not used
Will keep an eye out then. Thanks

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have been busy making bunting for the tea tent at our Rotary Dragonboats race. I don't know what it is about it but the cat is fascinated. I have just found him asleep on it.

S

Sable_Jan

Have been busy making bunting for the tea tent at our Rotary Dragonboats race. I don't know what it is about it but the cat is fascinated. I have just found him asleep on it.
I was expecting you to say he was playing with it...my friend's cats would be...

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Likely it's soft and warm.