Diabetic cycle ride

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Folks
we as in TEAM BG are planning a cycle ride for T1 and T2 diabetics on the 18th of July starting at 09h30.

Two routes....
....the "Bolus bimble" :)starting at 09h30 in Dorking and ending at the Tea room at the top of Box hill. A 30km easy ride for those that want to enjoy the Surrey countryside.

The more challenging route for the more advanced cyclists is the "Steel Needles", a 80km route incorporating all the major climbs in Surrey (+/- 1700m of climbing):depressed: such as Cold Harbour lane, Leith Hill, Ranmoor Common etc etc also ending at the top of Boxhill.:happy:

PM me for more details

PS Some of the members are very knowledgeable about BG and exercise so feel free to pepper them with questions and queries :)

Reactions: 6 people

cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly I missed seeing this. Will aim to join you next time. I rode Box Hill as part of RideLondon. Much easier than I expected too!

Reactions: 4 people

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly I missed seeing this. Will aim to join you next time. I rode Box Hill as part of RideLondon. Much easier than I expected too!
Happy you found the London 100 an easy ride....I got taken out buy two chaps that clipped wheels, flew over the bars....unfortunately my wings never deployed in time....and broke my collarbone :( off to A&E with the happy gas :meh:

Still could have been worse....heard about the heart attack on Leith Hill so count myself lucky

Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Saw this and thought of you. :D Bx

3495.jpg