diabetic macular oedema

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Would like to know if anyone on the forum who has oedema has been having eyelea injections. My consultant is going to start me on a loading dose of 3 injections. Having had 50 plus lucentis she hopes that eyelea may last longer, and is proving very successful for diabetics. If anyone is in a similar position, I'd like to hear their comments. Whilst lucentis does work for me, it only lasts about 6 weeks. Hoping eyelea may last up to 3 months. Hopefully.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........

petdell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank for that himtoo. Obviously not many diabetics on eyelea yet. Are you having injections,running alongside the mask. Did you take part in trials for the mask or just purchase it. My eyes are maintaining the levels they were at when I took part in an 18 month trial for lucentis so I've been having jabs now for 4 years not pleasant, but no pain no gain. Hope your site continues to improve with the mask. Cheers

Emilyprice

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interested to know about eyelea too, I'm having the lucentis injections.im also going to use the mask, you have to pay £250 and then £200 every 3 months if you carry on with it. Sick of mac edema!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
no -- had 3 lucentis injections but they had no effect at all on the oedama for me

just the mask £250 for a new mask every 12 weeks