diabetic meet up2, 27th of June,1 pm, www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL

Are you attending the meet up?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • May be able to.

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
20150627_161956.jpg
20150627_162004.jpg
20150627_162148.jpg
20150627_162250.jpg
20150627_183057.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great to meet you all...had a really lovely day...thanks for organising and look forward to the next one

Reactions: 6 people

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope people got back home, or to their next destination, okay. I was impressed with how far some of you came. I'll be looking forward to the next one even more.
@ewelina, here's the International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values, my little gift for you choosing a nice pub and arranging it http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/1/5.full.pdf I think it's been a big help to me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I hope people got back home, or to their next destination, okay. I was impressed with how far some of you came. I'll be looking forward to the next one even more.
@ewelina, here's the International table of glycemic index and glycemic load values, my little gift for you choosing a nice pub http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/1/5.full.pdf I don't live by it, or perhaps I do, but it's been a big help to me nonetheless:)
Thanks Chris. I will definitely use it. Hopefully next time when we meet my readings will as good as yours :)

ChrisMaleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That possibly depends on your willpower and how much you're willing to suffer. Only joking. I often forgot the main idea is to try and balance the different GL and GI values when you eat. But I think you knew that already :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Nice to hear you all had a very nice time

holdfast

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Government regulation
Many thanks Ewelina for organising such a good meet at such a good location. And nice friendly bunch of people.

Reactions: 3 people

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I really enjoyed meeting you all. I think I saw a comment on another thread that you were organising the next one for September? @ewelina ?

I'm not trying to muscle in on the organising, and this is just a suggestion - could we make it, for example, 1st saturday of the month or every 6th saturday ? Something like that with a regular pattern so we can work out the dates in advance? What do you guys think?

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Unfortunately I have to work, to all you lucky people who can attend have a good time

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Think Ewelina Said the next one was late in September as people on holidays etc

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I really enjoyed meeting you all. I think I saw a comment on another thread that you were organising the next one for September? @ewelina ?

I'm not trying to muscle in on the organising, and this is just a suggestion - could we make it, for example, 1st saturday of the month or every 6th saturday ? Something like that with a regular pattern so we can work out the dates in advance? What do you guys think?
Good idea. I will post here in advance but maybe having some kind of regularity will help. I suggest 26th of September as I know Brian will be away before that. We could start from that date and have it on last Saturday of the month?

Reactions: 2 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good idea. I will post here in advance but maybe having some kind of regularity will help. I suggest 26th of September as I know Brian will be away before that. We could start from that date and have it on last Saturday of the month?
Im thinking about long walk in Richmond park if anyone fancies joining me. I guess I should post it as separate thread though

Nafu9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this thread is quite old, but wondering if anyone has any info on/if there is a September meeting?

Cheers!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I know this thread is quite old, but wondering if anyone has any info on/if there is a September meeting?

Cheers!
Hi
We are having a meet in Central London on Saturday 26th September, ewelina will start a new thread soon with all the details I would imagine

Nafu9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! I live down exeter way, but thinking of traveling up for it, so that would be cool :)