Diabetic Pregnancy

I’m a 20 year old type 1 diabetic and pregnant.
I’ve had a miscarriage before so this pregancy was such a blessing, I’m struggling to keep my sugars level.
I’m eating the right things my insulin is correct but for some reason they go high...
which scares me!
I want to do my best for the baby but I just feel like I’m failing :(
Any kind of meal plans to follow or advice I don’t really know what else I can try..
I having a Libre tester and I do regular bms..
On novo rapid insulin...
any suggestions would be so helpful.
Thank you x

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations.......

I think you just need to respond to what your meter and Libre are telling you......

if you're doses now aren't doing the job you need to adjust your doses upwards.....if you're spiking after meals, fiddle about with the timing of your dose.....

testing/scanning much more will hep a lot........I would be looking keep the carbs down too but I couldn't say if that good advice to a pregnant woman.....;)

Obviously you should get your diabetes team on board as they may be able to offer additional help/technology...

You need to be scoffing down folic acid too I believe.....

Reactions: Knikki
Congratulations.......

I think you just need to respond to what your meter and Libre are telling you......

if you're doses now aren't doing the job you need to adjust your doses upwards.....if you're spiking after meals, fiddle about with the timing of your dose.....

testing/scanning much more will hep a lot........I would be looking keep the carbs down too but I couldn't say if that good advice to a pregnant woman.....;)

Obviously you should get your diabetes team on board as they may be able to offer additional help/technology...

You need to be scoffing down folic acid too I believe.....
Thank you!
I think post meals are the problem

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Do your team know yet? Are you taking folic acid? You may need to up doses as @novorapidboi26 says. Dose changes will happen as hormones mess things up.

Congratulations...

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just do your best. Being a mum is a lot about just doing what you can. The previous loss might not have been diabetes related and this time you have the Libre to help.
If your team are not worried you must be doing ok as they are usually pretty hot on pregnancy.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you!
I think post meals are the problem

You should try and get your meal time insulin in a bit earlier in that cast then, in order to reduce that spike......

it may be that your unborn child has changed the speed at which you are digesting your food.......;)