Diabetic Review Today

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi everyone, I have not been on here for a few months had lots of family commitments . I have been for my Diabetic review today
When diagnosed in January this year my blood glucose was 148 in April down to 54 now today 43. Jan weight 12st 4 lbs April 11st 2lbs today 10st 7 lbs. I am over the moon with this but unfortunately my cholesterol has gone up from 4.4 to 5.5 have to see doctor tomorrow. A bit worried about this as I don't want to have to go on statins. Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: Prem51
A

asparagusp

You don't have to do anything the doctor tells you to. As you know there are many theories on cholesterol .....

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can always politely say 'no thank you' to statins.

Ask if you can have a breakdown of your cholesterol results, and then look up the ratios between the different numbers (HDL, LDL and Trigs).

If your cholesterol ratios are good (they often are) then it makes no sense to go on statins.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on that MAGNIFICENT result. Bg, weight - you must be absolutely over the moon! :)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Hi everyone, I have not been on here for a few months had lots of family commitments . I have been for my Diabetic review today
When diagnosed in January this year my blood glucose was 148 in April down to 54 now today 43. Jan weight 12st 4 lbs April 11st 2lbs today 10st 7 lbs. I am over the moon with this but unfortunately my cholesterol has gone up from 4.4 to 5.5 have to see doctor tomorrow. A bit worried about this as I don't want to have to go on statins. Have a good day everyone.
Very well done to you. Don't be in a hurry to let them put you on statins - you can always say no thank you.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Very well done to you. Don't be in a hurry to let them put you on statins - you can always say no thank you.
Thank you for your reply yes I think I will and try it by my diet first. I have been on the LCHF diet since January this year now I am wondering if I should cut down a bit on the cream and butter etc anyone got any ideas.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @amgrundy
Well done on your great results. I also think that it's the breakdown for cholesterol that is important so do ask for that.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi @amgrundy
Well done on your great results. I also think that it's the breakdown for cholesterol that is important so do ask for that.
Hi thank you for that bit of info I will ask tomorrow when I see doctor. It was the diabetic nurse I saw today.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results. 5.5 is not high , it's the medical profession who keep moving the goalposts, and it's the breakdown which matters. What you've been doing has worked well for you.. massive congrats !