Diabetic review

Framps7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why do I have to chase up and get nowhere for a review ..which is way overdue at my new doctors surgery? I've chased up twice and told I have to wait until the nurse phones me...here we are weeks later...nothi g! Fed up . Framps

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would mention it to the GP practice manager.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. That's not the way it should work and not how my surgery works. I make the appointment thru the surgery reception. I tell them it's a diabetes review and choose a time usually 4 weeks ahead. The nurse will have already given me a bloods form at the last review and I make an appointment for 1 week before to have bloods taken either at the surgery or walk in to my local hospital. I have online access and know the test result when I see the nurse. I would see the Practice Manager and try to get your surgery working nearer to mine?

D

Deleted member 308541

Fed up . Framps
I do not get a review a such, I get my blood tested twice year and get the results at my next GP visit.

I get my eyes checked annually by my optometrist.

I get five podiatry visits a year, which works out one every ten weeks to get my feet checked out.

All good here, so you need to get assertive with your GP etc. @Framps7.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
My surgery lacks me with my reviews, even doing my HbA1c yearly tests.
I can remember my last review, it was 6 months after my HbA1c and I created merry hell. When I got called in, it was one nurse that doesn,t do the diabetic reviews, she ask why I was there, said my review and got the reply, oh so got asked what I wanted her to do. To make matters worse, it was a 5 minute appointment instead of the half hour that was supposed to be booked for.
Am still waiting for the correct nurse.
I do think many surgeries are lacking in people having their reviews

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do I have to chase up and get nowhere for a review ..which is way overdue at my new doctors surgery? I've chased up twice and told I have to wait until the nurse phones me...here we are weeks later...nothi g! Fed up . Framps
I went for a review and bloods taken. First appointment nurse told me they don’t do bloods on a Friday afternoon! Second appointment the same nurse got not a drop of blood. Ended up going to hospital to the DSN who got bloods done for me there and then. Result! And I got results online in 3 days!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Framps7 - I've only ever had one review; about 4 months after I was diagnosed. Since then, I make surer I get my bloods done, but having got my bloods into a decent space, I'm content to check my own feet regularly and I'm called every year by the Retinal Screening Service for my eye check, so I get on with my life.

Framps, is there anything with your diabetes that you have concerns over? We may be able to help with that a bit, if that's the case, until you can be seen.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I get driven crazy to go to reviews, have blood tests, feet tests, eye tests, I assumed everyone was, what a terrible situation :(