Diabetic review

Liam8668

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Are doctors/nurses currently doing diabetic reviews does anybody know? Tried to call my docs multiple times but it’s always engaged and only open when I’m at work?

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am due for an Hba1c blood test on Wednesday and then a phone review the following week. Obviously there won't be any foot checks as I am fairly sure that they can't be done over the phone. So here in NW England they are being done after a fashion but not as we are used to them.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in London and have just had my annual diabetic review a couple of weeks ago. It involved a nurse taking my blood and all the usual measurements, including the foot check, then a phone appointment with a GP to discuss the results a week later. It was approximately on time, i.e. it usually takes place end July/ beginning of August.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I was called in to the surgery recently for a nurse to do all the weighing, measuring, foot poking, and blood taking, etc. I also had a separate appointment for a Doppler test. I've got a phone appointment in a week or so for the (new) DN to do a review. My current DN is apparently retiring..:bigtears:

What I still haven't heard about since my appointment was cancelled at the start of lockdown is my eye test which is done independently.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My last eye test was done at Specsavers and they are now open for business I believe could be bureaucratic hitch or it's taking time for them to catch up and of course it's organised and administered by guess who yes PHE. (Public Health England) that is if you live in England.

As for the review I was shielding at the time of my last one a few weeks ago and they came to me at home.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back now with a welcome cup of tea!
been weighed and measured ,interrogate d ( how do I know how much housework I do !!) Etc Etc .Had half an armful of blood removed but the nurse is very supportive and she gave me a disposable mask to replace the one that was steaming up my glasses !.Our surgery doesn't allow you to access results on line I have to wait for a phone call but I am going to question why I can't get them on my patient access
Carol

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, your surgery should be doing reviews even though they may be over the phone as mine was. Your surgery website should have something like and e-Consult website form or email address. You shouldn't have to use the phone. If you don't receive a reply send yet another email to talk to the Practice Manager. Your next move is to complain to the CCG if you wish to take it further.