1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetic review

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Liam8668, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Liam8668

Liam8668 Don't have diabetes · Member

Are doctors/nurses currently doing diabetic reviews does anybody know? Tried to call my docs multiple times but it’s always engaged and only open when I’m at work?

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I am due for an Hba1c blood test on Wednesday and then a phone review the following week. Obviously there won't be any foot checks as I am fairly sure that they can't be done over the phone. So here in NW England they are being done after a fashion but not as we are used to them.

3. Larissima

Larissima Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm in London and have just had my annual diabetic review a couple of weeks ago. It involved a nurse taking my blood and all the usual measurements, including the foot check, then a phone appointment with a GP to discuss the results a week later. It was approximately on time, i.e. it usually takes place end July/ beginning of August.

4. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Yes, I was called in to the surgery recently for a nurse to do all the weighing, measuring, foot poking, and blood taking, etc. I also had a separate appointment for a Doppler test. I've got a phone appointment in a week or so for the (new) DN to do a review. My current DN is apparently retiring..:bigtears:

What I still haven't heard about since my appointment was cancelled at the start of lockdown is my eye test which is done independently.

5. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

My last eye test was done at Specsavers and they are now open for business I believe could be bureaucratic hitch or it's taking time for them to catch up and of course it's organised and administered by guess who yes PHE. (Public Health England) that is if you live in England.

As for the review I was shielding at the time of my last one a few weeks ago and they came to me at home.

6. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am going for my annual review and blood test in 15 minutes !!!!
    Carol

• Like Like x 2
  7. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Good luck.

8. carty

carty Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Back now with a welcome cup of tea!
    been weighed and measured ,interrogate d ( how do I know how much housework I do !!) Etc Etc .Had half an armful of blood removed but the nurse is very supportive and she gave me a disposable mask to replace the one that was steaming up my glasses !.Our surgery doesn't allow you to access results on line I have to wait for a phone call but I am going to question why I can't get them on my patient access
    Carol

• Like Like x 3
  9. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. Yes, your surgery should be doing reviews even though they may be over the phone as mine was. Your surgery website should have something like and e-Consult website form or email address. You shouldn't have to use the phone. If you don't receive a reply send yet another email to talk to the Practice Manager. Your next move is to complain to the CCG if you wish to take it further.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook