Diabetics R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably no worse than eating toenail apple pudding !!
Why would you eat that? You can go too far with this low carb thing, I think.
Oh, wait, a quick google search (because I found your answer just too weird on second thought) told me toenail pudding is a thing in Great Britain. On third thought, I still think it's too weird.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Why would you eat that? You can go too far with this low carb thing, I think.
Hi @Antje77, The casing around the apples' centres where the seed are, may be accidentally added to the pudding when the apples are prepared for cooking. Because pieces of the casing do not soften the curved hard surfaces are often compared to toenails.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Antje77, The casing around the apples' centres where the seed are, may be accidentally added to the pudding when the apples are prepared for cooking. Because pieces of the casing do not soften the curved hard surfaces are often compared to toenails.
Still weird.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
O darn, my upper teeth (are they called that? I mean the ones in the 'above part' of your mouth) are plastic, so maybe I can't. No problems with sucking my big toe though, does that count?
Only if your'r under particularly great stress.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Toenail pudding.jpg
Toe nail pudding is a steamed pudding with jam on the top sprinkled with dessicated coconut which in someones mind resembles toenail clippings. Highly carby terribly sweet but absolutely delicious with custard.

https://theenglishkitchen.blogspot.com/2013/03/toenail-pudding.html

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, wait, a quick google search (because I found your answer just too weird on second thought) told me toenail pudding is a thing in Great Britain. On third thought, I still think it's too weird.

Sounds no worse to me than spotted **** (I put in the asterisks myself since I know the website will **** the proper name) or toad-in-the-hole. LOL

Actually sounds pretty yummy except for the name!

Reactions: kitedoc

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds no worse to me than spotted **** (I put in the asterisks myself since I know the website will **** the proper name) or toad-in-the-hole. LOL

Actually sounds pretty yummy except for the name!
So what are spotted asterisks and toads in the hole? And is there more funny named food? First thing I can think of in Dutch is 'blote billetjes in het gras' (naked b*tt cheeks in the grass) but I'd love to learn more!
DSC02597a.jpg

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So what are spotted asterisks and toads in the hole? And is there more funny named food? First thing I can think of in Dutch is 'blote billetjes in het gras' (naked b*tt cheeks in the grass) but I'd love to learn more!
DSC02597a.jpg

The dish is called spotted d i c k

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
At least I've read what it's called before a moderator spotted it. I can always google it on someone elses computer!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DSC02597a.jpg

Thanks, @Antje77 that made me LOLOLOLOL!