Diabetics R Us

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was cold walking home from work tonight.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
0 degrees (feels like -3) here tonight.glad I bought some deicer for the windscreen this morning.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was cold walking home from the store yesterday. But the sun was out and I noticed the very tall glass building just down the street, it was like a mirror reflecting the blue sky and the white clouds. It was the first time I've liked that building.

Reactions: Pipp and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

There was a frost on the cars at 3am but it was gone when I got up at 5am.

Keep warm.

Have a good day.

H :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The cars parked on the road outside all looked like igloos at 8am this morning. They still did at 9am. Gone now though, but icy cold out there. The BBC forecast tells me it is currently 4 degrees feeling like 2 degrees.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I allowed myself the luxury of staying under the duvet until the temperature was more acceptable. Will be digging the thermal gear out before even thinking of stepping outside.

Reactions: kitedoc and heh

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The plumber working on our conversion building works has just announced he wants to drain all the radiators, having turned them all off. Great. Just put my thermals on.
I think I would go out and visit a friend in a warm house, or find a nice cosy shopping centre or libray or coffee shop until house is heated again.

Reactions: heh

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I would go out and visit a friend in a warm house, or find a nice cosy shopping centre or libray or coffee shop until house is heated again.

That would be a good plan but I am far too nosy about what is going on!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The full moon was shining in at my window about 4:30 this morning. Now, about 5 hours later, the sun is shining. It's 8 degrees outside and I'm on my second cup of coffee (and second slice of pumpkin cake. Shhh -- don't tell anyone -- but it's Thanksgiving Day. Like that makes it OK. Not. ;) )

Reactions: kitedoc and heh

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a CT scan this afternoon with injection for some reason it could not be done at my local hospital but instead I had to drive 22 miles to to Newark instead of the ten minute drive to the local one, appointment was for 1530 but they where running late so did not get home till gone six blood sugar now at 9.6 I wonder if the contrast dye they inject can effect bloods.

I have that done every 6 months - did you get the weird metallic taste in your mouth and a warm feeling like you’d wet yourself down below? I found it quite strange the first time but used to it now.
Even if the dye doesn’t affect bgs the general stress of it all probably does.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got an appointment with an internist to see if we can find out if I'm T1 or T2. I then of course did a google search on him and found out we probably wouldn't like eachother. So I called the hospital to ask if I could get an appointment with a woman (only excuse I could think of, plus all female internists at this hospital look very nice. I don't need my HCP's to look nice but it helps a lot if they don't look like stern older men :p ).
So now I've got an appointment on thursday next week. Nervous already (not necessary, I know, but try to tell my nerves) and in for a week of trying to keep my Libre graphs from going into the red...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been to optician for annual sight test. The new tech they have is better than the gear that is used by the NHS retinopathy test team. All fine. Don't have a change of prescription, but treated myself to new specs anyway.

Reactions: heh and Antje77

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Pipp I did the same! I've had my driving glasses for 3 years, no change in prescription, but bought a new pair that go dark in the sun - even inside the car!

Reactions: Pipp and heh

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod , as that particular idiotic thread is closed and I don't want to create a stir about it, I thought to inform you here, on this relatively quiet and friendly thread. I could have sent you a pm of course, but frankly, I wanted to share my laugh about your typo. Sorry. So here's your copy-pasted text from the ridiculous thread about supposedly diet controlled type1:
:
"Most people living with T1 diabetes would be in trouble after 24 hours without diabetes."

You may be right, but I'd still like to try :)

(edit: as you're a moderator, feel free to remove this post if it in any way offends you!)

Reactions: SueJB

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Feeling a little weirded out at the moment blood sugar before dinner 7.0 after dinner which was a little higher in carb as experiment had two frozen roast potatoes reheated blood sugar 1 hour after 9.7 then at two hours down to 4.6 don't feel right.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod , as that particular idiotic thread is closed and I don't want to create a stir about it, I thought to inform you here, on this relatively quiet and friendly thread. I could have sent you a pm of course, but frankly, I wanted to share my laugh about your typo. Sorry. So here's your copy-pasted text from the ridiculous thread about supposedly diet controlled type1:
:
"Most people living with T1 diabetes would be in trouble after 24 hours without diabetes."

You may be right, but I'd still like to try :)

(edit: as you're a moderator, feel free to remove this post if it in any way offends you!)

Thanks, Antje, but for things like that in the future, it's easier if you just send a report. If I am off line or doing something else, one of the other mods could correct it.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, Antje, but for things like that in the future, it's easier if you just send a report. If I am off line or doing something else, one of the other mods could correct it.
I know, and I'll certainly do when I think it's an important, dangerous or confusing typo. In this case I spat out my tea from laughing, especially as I got pretty worked up from reading that thread. So I wanted to share the laugh, but not in a mean way. I'll try to behave myself in the future :)

edit: And @JohnEGreen , your 'optimistic' label is below the belt. Could it be you know me too well?