Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
the stupid.jpg
I had the perfect upload for that particular thread and it's OP but the thread had been closed thankfully.

Reactions: Guzzler and kitedoc

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling a little weirded out at the moment blood sugar before dinner 7.0 after dinner which was a little higher in carb as experiment had two frozen roast potatoes reheated blood sugar 1 hour after 9.7 then at two hours down to 4.6 don't feel right.

Are you OK now? Did you keep testing after the 2 hours? It could just have been the rapid drop in BS that made you feel weird, or maybe your spuds upset your stomach?

Reactions: kitedoc

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 29677 I had the perfect upload for that particular thread and it's OP but the thread had been closed thankfully.
It's much better in place on this thread, John! Regardless of how clueless and hardheaded people are, better not insult them, it's not nice. Having a little laugh in our quiet corner of the forum isn't too bad though, according to my conscience :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have checked again in the last few minutes and it's at 4.9 so not gone up a lot but feeling marginally better not sure whether to have some carbs or not.

Reactions: kitedoc and Antje77

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It's much better in place on this thread, John! Regardless of how clueless and hardheaded people are, better not insult them, it's not nice. Having a little laugh in our quiet corner of the forum isn't too bad though, according to my conscience :)
True I probably would have not have posted it no matter how apt.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have checked again in the last few minutes and it's at 4.9 so not gone up a lot but feeling marginally better not sure whether to have some carbs or not.
Personally, I would if planning to sleep right now, but otherwise I'd see what happens in the next hour or so. Could be all different from you of course!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Personally, I would if planning to sleep right now, but otherwise I'd see what happens in the next hour or so. Could be all different from you of course!
Yes I will leave it a little while and see.:)

Reactions: Antje77

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Feeling a little weirded out at the moment blood sugar before dinner 7.0 after dinner which was a little higher in carb as experiment had two frozen roast potatoes reheated blood sugar 1 hour after 9.7 then at two hours down to 4.6 don't feel right.
Hug for not feeling right @JohnEGreen. Not to worry too much but keep a little eye on things

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@JohnEGreen Rather than carbs, try a cup of tea with some milk if you are worried. I think you just had too much insulin circulating after your experiment that brought you down quickly. A drop of milk should help. Or one plain biscuit. (Unless you are prone to hypos with your various meds and whatnot)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I wouldn't eat any carbs yet but I'm T1, it'll probably go up anyway coz you're worrying a bit I imagine. Virtual hug

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
As an after thought @JohnEGreen I never go to bed under 5. How's it now, better I hope? Hug

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
After several days of stormy weather today here in Adelaide is sunny after a cool night.
I am eyeing off the kite gear and checking the weather forecast!
BSLs much better since changing the insulin reservoir and needle set/tubing. It seems for me that in my case at least 72 hours is the maximum time preferable for one needle site use without upsetting the BSL applecart.

Last edited:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Yes I will leave it a little while and see.:)
As long as 'a while' does not include watching grass grow, or paint dry !! Diversion has its uses if carefully chosen and who knows, might help bring the BSLs into a better line.
I recall a cartoon where two cattle are considering life: and one says, to the other,
"Going through life, it is important to eat the roses".

Reactions: SaskiaKC

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Tonight we are off to Canterbury to stay in a hotel for the weekend as we are meeting up with 2 couples that we caravanned with for many years. They live in Southampton & Portsmouth and we do this every year at different venues so no doubt there will be naughty foods and lots of alcohol involved :rolleyes:

You lot were chatty last night and I obviously missed a certain thread, that's what I get for only dipping in and out of here.

Have a good weekend folks.

H :)