JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Spooky but animals I think have personalities and character so why not spirit what happened could have been your imagination but I think in a world where all things are possible why not have the spirit of your beloved friend return to check up on you and see how you are doing.

Reactions: heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Just been prepping the veg for Sausage Cassoulet, going in the slow cooker. New recipe, sounds scrummy.

Alan got home from his work trip (jolly) last night with tales of €50 bottles of wine and €50 glasses of cognac, lots of food (so much that he couldn't eat last night :rolleyes:).

Have a good day.

H :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sausage Cassoulet sounds yummy. If it turns out to be so, will you post a link to the recipe please? :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Guzzler if you go with the Husky you could try Urban Mushing:
https://primalpooch.com/urban-mushing-solution-high-energy-dogs/

But seriously, for some unsolicited advice, I would NOT advise getting a Husky. This story confirms what I thought--
https://pethelpful.com/dogs/Things-You-Should-Know-Before-Adopting-a-Siberian-Husky

Thanks for the links. I had already decided against a Husky though because of the barking, I have elderly neighbours and it would not be fair.
I will probably come home with a Heinz 57 (57 Varieties = Mongrel) but if I do see a Shepherd I will put dibs on him/her.

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a gorgeous German Shepherd many years ago. Very well behaved and loyal, but OMG she shed her hair, especially the undercoat. I could have knit jumpers out of it all, and was still finding hairs long after she died. They appeared from nowhere. We have since had fine haired breeds that shed very little. Boxers, and now a Boston Terrier, but I wouldn't recommend either of these in your situation - far too boisterous.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Bluetit1802. Now I have a picture in my head of you keeping a well behaved, very pretty, but very hairy woman with a funny accent locked up in your shed with your goats.
And I'm about to go to sleep. So don't blame me should I dream of you and your funny ways.

edit: And yes, I know you said sheep. But my brain insists it's goats in that shed with the loyal woman.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
"Antje77, post: 1997760, member: 372207"]I'd go for both.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't housetrain both at the same time!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
"Antje77, post: 1997760, member: 372207"]I'd go for both.

I couldn't housetrain both at the same time![/QUOTE]
There was going to be a witty answer but I changed my mind and go to bed. It's been a pretty rough day.
Still sniggering about all the witty answers I could've written though :) Goodnight, sweet dreams! (about goats or dogs or pretty shepherds or such :) )

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shepherd? A German Shepherd? Or a man that keeps sheep?

The latter would be nice to have around provided he came with a flock.

And a Shetland Sheepdog. And a Shetland pony.

Or forget the shepherd and the sheep and the dog, and just give me the pony.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Bluetit1802. Now I have a picture in my head of you keeping a well behaved, very pretty, but very hairy woman with a funny accent locked up in your shed with your goats.
And I'm about to go to sleep. So don't blame me should I dream of you and your funny ways.

edit: And yes, I know you said sheep. But my brain insists it's goats in that shed with the loyal woman.

We had a nanny goat as a pet for years when we had a house with a bit of land. We called her Lilian for some unknown reason. She was free range within an enclosed area and was rather a useful lawn mower and nettle remover. We loved her to bits but not when she came in through the back doors to the kitchen. :arghh:

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC