Diabetics R Us

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

We're off in the motorhome shortly, heading to a village called Slinfold for the weekend :happy:, back Monday.

Have a good weekend.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all

We're off in the motorhome shortly, heading to a village called Slinfold for the weekend :happy:, back Monday.

Have a good weekend.

H :)

Well let us know if you happen to bump into Beyoncé while your there.:)

Though actually her party is some distance from there at the University of Surrey.

Maybe a round of golf is in order.

Last edited:
Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Antje77

Wierdly was perusing my family tree thingy yesterday out of pure boredom and found this lady Antje Feijkes Boersma born in April 1773 in Kollumerland, Friesland, Netherlands .

I suppose there are lots of people with the first name Antje but made me think of you.:)

Reactions: heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Morning all, can I pick your brains, please. This morning I have experienced something as never before. My left eye is'shuddering' which is the only way I can describe it. It feels like tiny muscle spasms but what is concerning me is that it is affecting the vision in that eye, all images are moving rapidly from side to side and this is lasting just a few seconds. When I close my eye my vision clears on reopening. No discomfort at all but it is very strange to feel one's eyeball shaking from side to side.
N.B
The eye is said to do this when having a Menieres attack but so far I have never felt it happening and I am not having an attack right now (obviously).

Any clues?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Guzzler

There is a strong association of Ménière’s disease with vestibular migraine and as I have found with migraine you can have episodes of visual disturbance without associated pain or other symptoms maybe this is something similar.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Guzzler

There is a strong association of Ménière’s disease with vestibular migraine and as I have found with migraine you can have episodes of visual disturbance without associated pain or other symptoms maybe this is something similar.
After going over google it seems that Diabetes and Menieres and side effects of drugs can cause this. it is never straightforward with me, always awkward.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
With me it's mestinon makes your eyeballs sort of vibrate at times most disconcerting.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We had the day from hell yesterday travelling back home from Stratford. This journey normally takes less than 3 hours even with a few toilet stops. Yesterday it took us 8 hours from door to door. We just happened to be on a stretch of the M6 between junctions 15 and 16 when that stretch was closed due to a serious accident. No cars moved for several hours and a party atmosphere started. People were out of their vehicles chatting, and those of us with dogs went for walkies along the carriageway. It was quite surreal.

Reactions: Antje77

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A hug for the hugely extended trip back but consider it an adventure and sort of an extra day out I hate the M6 .

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A hug for the hugely extended trip back but consider it an adventure and sort of an extra day out I hate the M6 .

I also hate the M6. It serves too many large cities attracting too many large wagons, and is over-used so there is always congestion and are always road works, and now they are converting it to a smart motorway in sections with lane closures and no hard shoulders it is worse than ever.

Thank you for the hug. We could have got to New York in a shorter time.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We had the day from hell yesterday travelling back home from Stratford. This journey normally takes less than 3 hours even with a few toilet stops. Yesterday it took us 8 hours from door to door. We just happened to be on a stretch of the M6 between junctions 15 and 16 when that stretch was closed due to a serious accident. No cars moved for several hours and a party atmosphere started. People were out of their vehicles chatting, and those of us with dogs went for walkies along the carriageway. It was quite surreal.

I am really sorry that happened to you. What a mess!

But the reaction and actions of the travelers you describe sounded so wonderful to me. I cannot imagine that happening here and any descriptions I read of similar events are just full of people sitting fuming in their cars. Much nicer to read of people making the best of a bad thing.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Guzzler

I had a visual disturbance a few times , I went to the optician who said that I was too old to have these sorts of migraines starting at my age !!(Thanks ) He informed my GP who thought that I was having mini strokes .Got a call from the hospital to go to the T I A clinic next day ,it was the coldest day of the year ,the car wouldn't start so had to get a neighbour to jump start us Blackburn hospital is in direct line for Siberian winds I couldn't breathe and nearly blew away The first thing that they do is take your blood pressure !! Mine was a little high ! I think I might have been dead if it wasn't
I had a Doppler on my neck and loads of other tests went back later for a C T scan on my head . The results ----migraine -- not had one since maybe the scan cured it :angelic:
When I told my daughter that my brain was fine she said "That's debatable " Good job she lives in Ireland
Carol

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sometimes the I only way I knew I was having a migraine was when my field of vision would collapse and the whole left hand side of the world would just disappear into a void.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am really sorry that happened to you. What a mess!

But the reaction and actions of the travelers you describe sounded so wonderful to me. I cannot imagine that happening here and any descriptions I read of similar events are just full of people sitting fuming in their cars. Much nicer to read of people making the best of a bad thing.

Sitting fuming in your vehicle will not re-open the road. It is what it is, no-body's fault, and getting angry is a waste of energy. I think the British are normally calm in these situations, similar to queueing! ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sitting fuming in your vehicle will not re-open the road. It is what it is, no-body's fault, and getting angry is a waste of energy. I think the British are normally calm in these situations, similar to queueing! ;)

Sounds sensible to me. :)

I think here it might be frowned upon by any cops/state troopers/other emergency workers -- people getting out of their cars, but it makes sense to me to cut the ignition and stretch one's legs, Especially if there is a dog in the car.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Antje77

Wierdly was perusing my family tree thingy yesterday out of pure boredom and found this lady Antje Feijkes Boersma born in April 1773 in Kollumerland, Friesland, Netherlands .

I suppose there are lots of people with the first name Antje but made me think of you.:)

Now you have got me wanting to go through my mother's genealogy notebook to see if there are any Antjes among our Dutch ancestors. :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After going over google it seems that Diabetes and Menieres and side effects of drugs can cause this. it is never straightforward with me, always awkward.

I hope you are doing better now. That sounds scary. hugs.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I hope you are doing better now. That sounds scary. hugs.
It seems to have stopped since late afternoon. I'm hoping it's a case of 'Well, I don't know what that was but it hasn't happened again' kind of thing. Quite disconcerting to say the least.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Now you have got me wanting to go through my mother's genealogy notebook to see if there are any Antjes among our Dutch ancestors. :)
There was another lady with a similar name she was called Jantje de Vries born in 1870 in Scharl

Reactions: Antje77