JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I got so tipsy well drunk my son and grandson had to just about carry me up stairs at about three in the morning.

I was not aware of it but my daughter says at about 3:30 AM there were armed policemen on the street out side trying to arrest some guy wandering around waving some kind of a weapon in the air. All happens here you know last new year a car caught fire and exploded just across the road at five minutes to midnight we don't just have fireworks we have exploding cars and mad men being chased by the cops.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got so tipsy well drunk my son and grandson had to just about carry me up stairs at about three in the morning.

t4622.gif

I was not aware of it but my daughter says at about 3:30 AM there were armed policemen on the street out side trying to arrest some guy wandering around waving some kind of a weapon in the air. All happens here you know last new year a car caught fire and exploded just across the road at five minutes to midnight we don't just have fireworks we have exploding cars and mad men being chased by the cops.

s1004.gif

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New Years Eve day time was amazing here. We went out for a family lunch to a local country pub that has picnic tables outside. Every single table was occupied by folk enjoying lunch in what was barmy weather for the last day of the year in a rural spot. I've no idea what the actual temperature was, but suffice it to say my woolly hat, coat, gloves and scarf were all left at home. Unbelievable.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your day sounds wonderful, @Bluetit1802 :).

It was wonderful. Apart from one thing. I added an extra year to my age. Now 72 dammit, which also means my Q-risk score goes up once again. For those that don't know, the Q-Risk score is an NHS calculation of our risk of heart disease and strokes within the next 10 years. The non-NHS folk on here can have a go
https://qrisk.org/three/

It is what they use to determine if we need statins. Over 10% and apparently we need statins!!!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was wonderful. Apart from one thing. I added an extra year to my age. Now 72 dammit, which also means my Q-risk score goes up once again. For those that don't know, the Q-Risk score is an NHS calculation of our risk of heart disease and strokes within the next 10 years. The non-NHS folk on here can have a go

It is what they use to determine if we need statins. Over 10% and apparently we need statins!!!!

Goodness, a Q-risk score sounds less a 72 than a 007!

Apparently I needed a statin once I rolled onto Route 66. But I refused them until I reached 67, and as I recall, '67 was all about lovin' drugs anyway ... (altho' at only 15 I was too young for that bit ...).

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my. I have no way to know if this is accurate but I do know that I had even less of a clue than I thought. All those English languages are just one big language to me, not a chance I can remember what belongs to what country. And there are a lot more English speaking countries too, with undoubtedly their own variations...
https://thelanguagenerds.com/major-...FM29Pg8AoYmP96FQJagGDvBe7pHp7tPabqaYZAHLnDLSM

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my. I have no way to know if this is accurate but I do know that I had even less of a clue than I thought. All those English languages are just one big language to me, not a chance I can remember what belongs to what country. And there are a lot more English speaking countries too, with undoubtedly their own variations...
https://thelanguagenerds.com/major-...FM29Pg8AoYmP96FQJagGDvBe7pHp7tPabqaYZAHLnDLSM

Interesting. :)

Not 100% accurate, but (as some Americans would say) "purt' near." ;) (pretty near/close but no cigar).

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

This is why, when we download certain apps and we can choose which language we want, there is English UK and English USA. It also annoys me, personally, when spell checks automatically use the American versions and I get a load of red lines in my prose!!!

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

@Bluttit1802 Thanks for this link! :)
Ooer! Risk 25% should be less than 5%. Qrisk% - apparently 80 !!!
SO glad I found here!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It also annoys me, personally, when spell checks automatically use the American versions and I get a load of red lines in my prose!!!
Spell checks make me very aggressive in any language, even German, which I can speak but not write. So it's turned off on all my devices and I never get red lines, no matter what I write :)
The red lines keep me from seeing if my text has a bit of a flow because it emphasises random words and because I get angry at it when it's wrong, leaving me with an emotion completely unrelated to my text which obviously isn't helpful when writing.

All my spelling mistakes are solely my own and I like it that way!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had an Aunt who could speak and write in many languages she was a professor of English and taught in many colleges in England she was Italian, something I have always envied we English and I speak generally are too lazy when it comes to languages.

I would much rather have a Croque monsieur than a grilled cheese and ham sandwich any day, if it weren't so carby that is

My son is starting Italian lessons next month at the request of the Order

Last edited:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not looking at the. Q risk it may frighten me to death !!!!:arghh:
Carol

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would much rather have a Croque monsieur than a grilled cheese and ham sandwich any day, if it weren't so carby that is
I don't mind what you call it really (we call it tosti) but I'd love one any day! Not a good idea, though :(

Reactions: JohnEGreen