Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I renewed my driver's license today -- finally got a ride to the Drivers' Services office! I passed the vision test! I feel 16 again! (Well, sort of ... )
t89168.gif

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
As I am 70 years old next week I have had to renew my licence now only lasts for three years, though I was able to do it on line.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Gee that's strict .... Australians can get a 10 year before they turn 75

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
When my GS Keiran was returning to his student accommodation yesterday afternoon after lectures he found he couldn't gain access as he was stopped by the army as they had the area cordoned off because in a flat next to the accommodation there was a guy who had built several bombs and they had just arrested him and where in the process of disposing of the explosive devises it unnerved him a bit to think that he had been so close to the bombs.

The thought of it is quite scary I could have lost my Grand Son.

Reactions: Amy Cecilia

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When my GS Keiran was returning to his student accommodation yesterday afternoon after lectures he found he couldn't gain access as he was stopped by the army as they had the area cordoned off because in a flat next to the accommodation there was a guy who had built several bombs and they had just arrested him and where in the process of disposing of the explosive devises it unnerved him a bit to think that he had been so close to the bombs.

That is scary. Thank goodness the guy was caught, presumably due to the vigilance of MI5, the anti terrorist people, and the police. Let us hope he gets a long prison sentence and actually serves it fully.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That is very scary. Thank goodness Kieran is safe, and that the lunatic was discovered and arrested.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just been clearing out my closets of clothes I haven't worn in years and don't want to take with me when I move. If I haven't needed them here I won't need them there. Why is it so hard to make up my mind about them? Including the nice fleecy bathrobe a friend gave me one Christmas that I have never worn because it's too hot? Some neighbor who always feels the cold might enjoy it.
... But I'm keeping my cowgirl boots. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You cannot go "boot scooting" bare footed... :D

That looks like fun! Hopefully they teach that where I'm moving. So far the only scooting my boots have done is up the steps of the mounting block and into the stirrups! :)
And they haven't done that in 7+ years now ...
:(

D

Deleted member 308541

That looks like fun! Hopefully they teach that where I'm moving.
There's a line dancing school comes to bowls club every week to teach new line dancers how to boot scoot. Good to watch when they get going when they have learnt the moves.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's a line dancing school comes to bowls club every week to teach new line dancers how to boot scoot. Good to watch when they get going when they have learnt the moves.

Hopefully if someone teaches it here they will start off vvvveeeerrrrryyyy sslllowwllyyy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

My wife (then my partner.) & I went to a "LaRoc" modern jive session a couple,of times many years ago in the back room of a local pub.
Which was fine until they (male & female dance coaches.) wanted us all to swap partners.. Now the guys were heavily out numbered by the women in this class...

Lol, I got moaned at for bopping about too much..