Diabetics R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I remember partner swapping parties in the swinging sixties...
el8jq.gif

Nah, lol. It was nuffin like that m' lud. I just wanted to rock out with my lady.

If I wanted to spend the night dancing with strangers? I could have stayed in the holiday camp I worked as a rep..

Now that was interesting.. o_O;)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to drive bare footed a fair while ago, plurry bitumen is to hot on the feet nowadays to do that.
I love driving barefoot, or with socks when it's cold. So much easier to hook your big toe on the pedal than to keep your foot lifted on longer drives.

I do get funny looks in the supermarket though, every time I've forgotten to bring my shoes.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I've just been clearing out my closets of clothes I haven't worn in years and don't want to take with me when I move. If I haven't needed them here I won't need them there. Why is it so hard to make up my mind about them? Including the nice fleecy bathrobe a friend gave me one Christmas that I have never worn because it's too hot? Some neighbor who always feels the cold might enjoy it.
... But I'm keeping my cowgirl boots. :)
Sorry I must have missed that you are moving somewhere along the line hope you move goes well myself and Judith being a RAF couple for many years and also since then seemed to have moved from place to place on a regular basis been here now for five years or so that is the longest in one place for years. I hope where your moving to is a nice friendly place I wonder is it far from where you are now?.

Reactions: Antje77

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Woke up to a hypo this morning feeling not very well and shivering heating not working as boiler wouldn't light plumber has been boiler in his words is kaput so has to be replaced till the landlord arranges that no hot water no heating plumber also said in his opinion the boiler was in a dangerous state and had been at risk of blowing up not having a particularly good day so far.:(

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love driving barefoot, or with socks when it's cold. So much easier to hook your big toe on the pedal than to keep your foot lifted on longer drives.

I do get funny looks in the supermarket though, every time I've forgotten to bring my shoes.

I was just thinking the same thing about the pedals. Easier to work the clutch when you can clutch it with your toes. :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I must have missed that you are moving somewhere along the line hope you move goes well myself and Judith being a RAF couple for many years and also since then seemed to have moved from place to place on a regular basis been here now for five years or so that is the longest in one place for years. I hope where your moving to is a nice friendly place I wonder is it far from where you are now?.

It's just over 100 miles away. It's a tiny little town and seemed very nice when I was there last week with friends. Being small and rural, it will involve some culture shock, but so did moving here several years ago, and I like small and rural, especially nowadays when anything I can't get locally I can get online.
Not that I need much these days. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up to a hypo this morning feeling not very well and shivering heating not working as boiler wouldn't light plumber has been boiler in his words is kaput so has to be replaced till the landlord arranges that no hot water no heating plumber also said in his opinion the boiler was in a dangerous state and had been at risk of blowing up not having a particularly good day so far.:(

Big hug for the hypo and the cold and the boiler. I get so fed up with the management here when the boiler breaks down. I wish they would just replace it, surely the expense of all the repairs must be higher than the price of a new one.
You must get to feeling better, since today is your Birthday Eve!
I think the landlord should get you a brand new boiler for your birthday. :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday @JohnEGreen and enjoy your pancakes. We had ours on Saturday lunch time. Proper, normal pancakes, piping hot straight from the frying pan, spread with butter, a dash of lemon juice, and sprinkled with ...... sugar! Naughty but nice.

This is not the time for no heating or hot water @JohnEGreen , not in this foul weather. Not at any time to be honest. Take care.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks for all your birthday wishes yes and I had forgotten that George Harrison was born on the same day the same month and in the same city but seven years apart he in 1943 me in 1950.

Funnily he was a great fan of George Formby and Judith has bought me a ukulele for my birthday as I had expressed a desire to learn a new instrument.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday @JohnEGreen and enjoy your pancakes. We had ours on Saturday lunch time. Proper, normal pancakes, piping hot straight from the frying pan, spread with butter, a dash of lemon juice, and sprinkled with ...... sugar! Naughty but nice.

This is not the time for no heating or hot water @JohnEGreen , not in this foul weather. Not at any time to be honest. Take care.
We had some last night also sprinkled with sugar.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@JohnEGreen I like your new avatar. Is it your birthday portrait?

Sort of it was taken while we were out for a meal yesterday with a friend who was married to my best mate who passed away last year it was me Judith and melody and our friend of nearly 40 years.

And that was my new hat ice grey fedora.