Diafriends!!!

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm Emma from London, England. I'm almost 19 and was diagnosed with Type 1, April 10th 2018. It would be great to find some diafriends who understands what I'm going through. Have great support at home with friends and family but they don't get the emotional side to everything

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @EmmaJ99 its true it can be lonely and no one else really seems to get it, hopefully you'll make many friends as you get to know your type 1 here :)

Reactions: Jayden2407

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm Emma from London, England. I'm almost 19 and was diagnosed with Type 1, April 10th 2018. It would be great to find some diafriends who understands what I'm going through. Have great support at home with friends and family but they don't get the emotional side to everything

welcome here dear Emma hope you´ll enjoy staying here :):):)

Kaate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Emma I’m kate I’m from Kent I’m 20 and I got diagnosed 8th November 2006 I completely get you in the sense you’ve got so many people surrounding you with support and love however they don’t quite exactly get what really goes on....give me a message if need someone to chat to :)

Diav_S

Hello Emma and welcome to the forum. I'm George and i was diagnosed in January 1st, 2015 (No kidding, that's how i celebrated New Year's Day). I'm glad you have the support you need from your family and friends. But it's also true that since they've never gone through what you have, they can't really sympathise. Feel free to ask anything around here, people are vey supportive. My piece of advice would be: Don't let it get to you, it's not the end. Life can be as hard or as easy as you like. Follow some instrunctions and you'll get back to your everyday life in no time. And don't forget, we are all here to help each other. Have a nice life Emma. :)

JShep07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi emma im josh and im 21 and i was diagnosed when i was 6! Im always here if ever you need a chat or just someone who listens as i've been through all the highs and lows of diabetes :)

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Emma I’m kate I’m from Kent I’m 20 and I got diagnosed 8th November 2006 I completely get you in the sense you’ve got so many people surrounding you with support and love however they don’t quite exactly get what really goes on....give me a message if need someone to chat to :)
Thank you, I'm also from Kent

EmmaJ99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi emma im josh and im 21 and i was diagnosed when i was 6! Im always here if ever you need a chat or just someone who listens as i've been through all the highs and lows of diabetes :)
Hi Josh, thank you x