Diagnosed a month ago...

Topher36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Middle of February I went to the doctor for dizzy issues. She ran some blood work and sent me on my way two day later I get a call telling me to go to hospital since my BG was 26.4mmol. so I went to to the hospital.. they gave me some prescriptions and sent me on my way (metformin, trajenta, and ramipril) a week later I had an appointment with the diabetic clinic.. wilhich was the biggest waste of time dr. Wants to add Jardine to my list... Since I was still high (10.0-8.9mmol) -appliee for financial aid and still waiting (two weeks so far) fast forward to now.. my BG is consistently for the last week 6.3-4.9mmo.
Anyways here comes my biggest issue... my feet are always cold now... I had cold feet before but that's when I was sitting out side in sub zero weather ice fishing... Now I'm sitting in my house with Merino socks and thin cotton socks with a chemical heat pad to keep them warm...
Any ideas why NOW I have such cold feet? I didn't have them a month ago.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Could be many things. Diabetics are prone to peripheral nerve damage. Get it checked out to at least confirm or rule it out. Do they feel cold when you touch them or does your brain just think they're cold. I have some nerve damage in my toes but mine sometimes feel hot even though they aren't. Damaged nerves send wrong signals upstairs. Another thing to get checked out is poor blood circulation down there. Us diabetics are up for that too. Other than that I guess the sawbones should have some answers.

Topher36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could be many things. Diabetics are prone to peripheral nerve damage. Get it checked out to at least confirm or rule it out. Do they feel cold when you touch them or does your brain just think they're cold. I have some nerve damage in my toes but mine sometimes feel hot even though they aren't. Damaged nerves send wrong signals upstairs. Another thing to get checked out is poor blood circulation down there. Us diabetics are up for that too. Other than that I guess the sawbones should have some answers.
They feel cold when I touch them. But they weren't like this a month a go before I started the meds... As soon as I started taking meds and my BG came down I started having cold hands and feet.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had a thyroid check?
One thing I can remember from the first days of Thyroxine therapy was the feeling that my hands and feet were bathed in warmth for the first time in a very long time.
Did you get any advice on reducing your carb intake to reduce your blood glucose?
Lucky type twos can lower their readings to normal and no need medication - though when taking glucose lowering tablets they need to be careful not to go too low. Being on no medication I tend to rely on my metabolism coping with the situation it finds itself in, which can be a bit extreme from time to time.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
They feel cold when I touch them. But they weren't like this a month a go before I started the meds... As soon as I started taking meds and my BG came down I started having cold hands and feet.

That's different to me. Mine sense as hot but aren't when I touch them. You need to get it checked out in case of circulation issues. Only the sawbones will be able to examine you.

Glenn

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I always felt hot before I was diagnosed, due to high blood sugar. Now they've come down I'm colder. So it might be you're just adjusting to normal blood sugars.

Topher36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would suggest you search google for ramipril, cold hands and feet as a possibility
Interesting... However it says blotches on the skin and cold hands and feet... I don't have blotches... But I'm not ruling that out...

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Is the ramipril for the diabetes. My mum takes that but for blood pressure and shortness of breath.