Diagnosed yesterday

Mattrblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Although that would be personally satisfying, I wouldn't push for it. I was refused diagnosis because I got my levels down before I'd had 2 high readings and am now being denied the annual Hba1c and retinopathy checks.
Better to have them mark you as in remission, that way you stay in the system and are checked so if it does go up again you are already there.
Me, I'm going to have to monitor and control myself all on my unsupported by the NHS. Heres the thread I did on it
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/think-im-being-thrown-out-of-the-club.182383/
Hi, I was actually being light-hearted, but to be completely honest. Monitoring my level once a day myself, is how I am planning to move forward. The doctors called me this morning to congratulate me and change the date of my next test from mid December to mid March! They just said to keep it up! Now, things are different over here in the Isle of Man and the experience is a lot more personal - so I am lucky. But I would have had the same results in the UK, and if they told me to monitor myself then I would have. Your medical records are there forever hopefully and this is something that can be monitored yourself.

Mattrblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
MrsA2, how right you were. Mine crept up again. But what it did show me is that I can control this myself, so I have joined the Diamond Study.... I'm a week in but it is gonna be a long initial 3 months.

Reactions: MrsA2

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
MrsA2, how right you were. Mine crept up again. But what it did show me is that I can control this myself, so I have joined the Diamond Study.... I'm a week in but it is gonna be a long initial 3 months.
What have you crept up to?
And how?
(I think I may be on the same route)

Mattrblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid-50's, but back on it now... 3 stone weight lose targeted with the Diamond Study :cool:

Reactions: Paul41

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck.
I've found reading this forum daily keeps me accountable to myself.
It would be too easy, in my book, to ignore my diabetes without reminders to keep me on track.
I'm no Saint, I still have bites of carbs, probably too many.
, but the basics of low carb are there

Reactions: Paul41