Did peanuts cause spike?

Libbaloo

I am just starting g to use meter to monitor blood glucose. As a newbie, it takes some getting used to!
Pre meal this evening at 7.45 pm I had chicken fried in olive oil, salad of spinach and rocket with half avocado, some walnuts and I added a few peanuts and some creamy coleslaw with a little balsamic vinegar on the salad. My pre meal level was 5.9 and two hours later was 6.8. Is that a spike or ok? It is my highest level after eating. Is this ok?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I am just starting g to use meter to monitor blood glucose. As a newbie, it takes some getting used to!
Pre meal this evening at 7.45 pm I had chicken fried in olive oil, salad of spinach and rocket with half avocado, some walnuts and I added a few peanuts and some creamy coleslaw with a little balsamic vinegar on the salad. My pre meal level was 5.9 and two hours later was 6.8. Is that a spike or ok? It is my highest level after eating. Is this ok?
That's absolutely fine, most of us try to keep the
That's fine, most try to aim for an increase of no more than 2 and you only went up 1
It's best to be low but as long as you have an 'after' of less than 8.5 you're ok