Didn't Recognize The Burnout....

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All, Happy New Year, a little late but that seems to be the story of me right now.....Didn't realize until a few days ago that I have been really burned out with the whole diabetes thing - going on my 18th year with it....Feels like it's go me by the throat at the moment....Anyway, wanted to get a little more leeway with the carbs - up to 50 - 75 gm/day and on two Metformin....no go it would seem...only getting increasingly frustrated....as blood sugars not making me happy!! Last A1C was 7.3 (Canada) but I like to see the 6.something!!

I think I am most disappointed in myself that I got down to the 85 pounds lost and then sabotaged myself over the summer and put on five pounds....doesn't sound like a lot to some, but significant to me after the years it took me and my broken metabolism to get there....and I lost my fervor for keto....Christmas was actually good with no weight gain!

Am doing the two week diet doctor challenge to get back into the swing of things and going ok except for the IBS issues rearing its ugly head again if not chewing immodium:( I say it's going ok as still in the 7/8 range with testing before and after meals even with keto.....wondering what is going on with my liver dumping so much....

Anyway, ready to get back into the swing of things, hoping increase of Metformin will help with liver dumping, hoping to get excited about keto again....it never seems to get easier for me even though I know that all the chemotherapy did a number on my metabolism and GI tract.....but, hey, today the sun is actually shining even though it is frightfully cold here:)

Cheers to all! May 2019 be an adventurous year for each one and may you continue to love and be loved by those you cherish. Blessings/L

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hang in there @lindijanice, We all have downs and miss the sweet smell and taste of victory over the odds.
You have set yourself a challenge. Just try not to be too hard on yourself.
You managed Xmas OK, so hold onto that achievement as you stride into 2019.
Use comedy and humour when you can.
I found an old, old show on a Library DVD of Victor Borge performing. It has done wonders for my BSLs.
Try to find your own sense of humour or favourite activities that give you interest, peace and achievement.
Exercise is a great stress reliever also. No need to attempt the 8 minute mile. Gentle exercise, enjoy the scenery, make exercise part of a useful daily routine etc.
Best Wishes, fellow warrior. :):):)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Cheer up. You're here, you're reading and you're posting, which means you haven't fallen of any waggon. I know exactly what you mean that 5 pounds may seem like peanuts to some, but a lot to you. It would to me too - nowadays. It took me 3 months to lose 4.5 pounds, and yay!! This morning I'd gained 1 of them back. Funny thing is that the day before yesterday I started logging every morsel that I eat or drink to make sure I stay below 20g. of carbs and 1350 cals a day. Probably eaten more in those two days than before I started logging, so way to go. One pound gained :wideyed:
Life's a ***** and then you gain weight and BGs, but keep on struggling, because what's the alternative? We really have no choice, do we?
Fight on, and may 2019 be good to you :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lindijanice hi and hope 2019 is good to you and yours too. This Diabetes foe isnt easy its always there in good times and bad and theres no getting away from it. BUT you care about how you manage it and thats the important bit. None of us can be totally on our game all the time. My plan is to never let it get the upper hand and win. I am just one year in learning a lot have a current low HBA1c but thats not the whole story by any means. I wish you all the very best and keep on it dont let it rule you. I remember reading your posts when I first joined the forum and thinking what a gentle and kind soul you are (always ended posts with blessings).

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I second @PenguinMum's last sentence, @lindijanice, as is evidenced by the end of your post. We're here for you as you can see by the lovely responses above, and I wish you all the very best for 2019 and a good long ride on that swing!