Diet and BG readings

sparkyrich

Hi, into my third day on a variation of the ND (I make my shakes up to 500ml cos 250 doesn't touch the sides - only use the 2 scoops for a 250 shake though). So far my weights dropped from 132 to 128kg which is nice. My first test reading this morning was 5.4. At 9 o clock it was 5.2 and I had my first shake. 2 Hours later it was 5.6.
So far I'm feeling a little bit pleased with the way things are going ( and a LOT like I could eat a scabby horse between two bread vans!).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Re: Diet and BG readings

4 kg off already? Wow!

How are you feeling? Have you got any tips to share?

I'll follow your results with interest as I am about to start too.

Cara

sparkyrich

carraway said:
4 kg off already? Wow!

How are you feeling? Have you got any tips to share?

I'll follow your results with interest as I am about to start too.

Cara

It's been easier than I expected, to be honest. First day was a bit desperate but I'm a big lad and my previous comment about the scabby horse wasn't far off the mark.
Fortunately I've got the sort of job that keeps me on the go so I don't have too much time to dream about food!
It looks like ill be dipping below 20 stone for the first time in ages so that's giving me the incentive to keep going.

sparkyrich

Day 5. Weight 127 kg, or exactly 20 stones in old money.
Away for the weekend so not on the shakes till Monday. Reckon its a negative version of the 5:2 diet where i starve for five and eat like a human for two. It will be nice if i can manage to keep the weight stable over the weekend.
No testing either till the new strips arrive. Tsk!

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sounds like it's going well, tomorrow is day 14 for me, I'm not that hungry with mine, in fact somedays I'm only having 2 shakes/soups not 3 plus my veggie meal. If you're away alot try some of the ready made shakes, being a girl I keep one in my handbag for emergencies if I get caught hungry away from home, or am running late for a meal. Keep us posted on how it's going

sparkyrich

Note to self - keep posting numbers!

Had a diet/guilt free weekend (and the world didn't end, go figure!) but back on track now.

Monday : 129 kg / 6.2
Tuesday : 127.5 kg / 5.6
Wednesday 127 kg / 5.6
Thursday : 126.5 kg / 5.4

A bit surprised at Mondays BG reading cos I didn't take any meds Sunday night (thanks, useless Asda pharmacy and their poo repeat prescription service) and I thought it might be higher. Still, everything's going the right way.

sparkyrich

Friday : 125kg / 5.5

That's just over a stone in two weeks :)

This week I've been having smaller than usual portions of "normal" food for my evening meal. It's stopped my inner devil from pointing me at bacon butties for breakfast and muckie d's for lunch. By the end of last week on the scant veggie allowance I was beginning to wonder just how tasty my dogs Scooby and Sophie would be in a bun with onions!!
It's meant the weight loss has slowed slightly but I think it's a more sustainable diet for me.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other

That's good results!

DO you feel any better?

I've just done a week and although I've lost weight my blood sugar isn't really coming down (around 7)

I am more awake now and can get through an evening in front of the TV with sleeping. Although that may be because of 2 litres of Diet Coke?

Keep up the good work and please keep posting

Cara

sparkyrich

Felt great the first week, this week not so much. Wednesday night I went to bed at seven :-( .
Feel more energised during the day though...wierdie that I am lol. Biggest problem at the moment is how to punch neat holes in my belt to stop my britches hitting the deck ;-)

tomersn

Three days lost four kilograms? I can not believe. Will you cut the meat yet? Otherwise it really is incredible ah ah ah