Diet and Exercise Success

happycat

Have just returned from my doctor having got the results of my first HbA1c test since diagnosis. I have dropped from 85 to 46, so I am very happy :D I have done it with diet and exercise spurred on by the help that I have had from this forum, thank you all. I am really pleased not to have to take medication for the time being. I don't think that I would have succeeded had I not been able to test my BG levels. Dr said that it is practice policy not to prescribe strips for type 2 patients, so I'll carry on buying my own. I think that this is not a sensible policy on the part of the doctors, but they may have their reasons. Hope you all have a good Christmas and that 2013 will be good for all of us. Thanks again :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
congratulations on your test result happycat :clap:

keep up the good work :thumbup:

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
great results - keep it going! :clap:

tazzle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

brilliant

I am not diagnosed diabetic but am bordeline t2 .. been testing and post prandial had a couple results just on the line :roll: with many over 8. I hope by the time I see gp after new year I will have got on top of it as already identified couple things that really get me high !!!

I hope to be as successful as you and its hearing stories like this that spur me on :clap:

Sugar48

I think I may have put my first post on this forum in the wrong place? I did it yesterday,. Your story seems similar to my own. But my Doctor insisted that I still take one Metformin at night which he said would stop me having a Heart Attack? Congratulations on your success.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Sugar48 said:
I think I may have put my first post on this forum in the wrong place? I did it yesterday,. Your story seems similar to my own. But my Doctor insisted that I still take one Metformin at night which he said would stop me having a Heart Attack? Congratulations on your success.

If ever you are unsure of 'where' you need to "post a post" of your own.
Just 'PM' a mod or myself - and we will do our best to assist and help you/anyone.
It's what we are here for , to help , assist , as well as moderator's role .
Anna.