Type 2 Diet and Meds - which ??

chrisd1

To be honest, @chrisd1 - for me, personally, my best, most robust learnings have involved bumps in the road. Thay way I learn not only what I should do, but also what I shouldn't do.

As an example, my Endo instructed (for a different condition) that I go gluten-free. Trust me, that's a pain, but there we are.

Every now and then I either trip up and have some gluten hidden in something, or I snaffle that really crispy crunchy bit of batter from the end of my OH's battered fish (he rarely has it, as he is very sensitive to fish - what a pair we are!). Both of those events are no followed by a couple of weeks of consequences I'll spare you the details of, but I sure as heck know I need to continue to be gluten-free, and I know if I transgress the consequences last a while.

I doubt there is anyone who arrives here at the beginning of their lifestyle modification journey who doesn't hit a fwew bumps in the road, but by-and-large, that's what they are, and we move on with more knowledge and thereby more power and confidence.
Thanks for the advise.

chrisd1

You seem to be on a lot of medication for a newly diagnosed diabetic.
Welcome to the forum.
It would be good to have information on your blood results, people would be able to have more ideas on advise. Do you have a print out. The HbA1c would be a good starting point.
Obviously you have a monitor for results of fasting, pre and post prandial, before and after eating. Dr Fung is popular, and low carbing has best results.

The diet doctor, is great, have a look through it for ideas.
Wish you well and good luck
Thanks you ..............