1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diet Coke And Diabetes 2

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by azad1983, Jun 25, 2018.

1. azad1983

azad1983 Type 2 · Member

I'm not really fond of fizzy drinks or sodas but occasionally I like to have a glass or half diet coke. Any advice in long term effects please folk?

2. ally1

ally1 Type 2 · Expert

I drink zero coke and find that is ok but find diet lemonade a big no

• Like Like x 1
  3. sarah_chadwick

sarah_chadwick Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I only drink them if out and I just don't fancy a cup of tea or water, no harm in the odd one or two, but I would get a headache and feel bloated if I had more than that or on a regular basis.

4. wiflib

wiflib Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I drink sugar free stuff with impunity. There are lots of theories about it, one being it encourages a sweet tooth and could possibly cause an insulin response. It’s up to you to decide what you believe.

Quick tip, don’t get the stuff from a pump. Not only is the stuff vile but it’s likely to be dispensed from tubes holding the sugar stuff. If you’re not sure, use your meter to test.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook