Diet Doctor Low Carb Challenge

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I'm having an even worse day but at least I know it's because I'm off colour. Hubby and No 2 have had a bad cough so I've been spraying First Defence. This morning I'm achy and was really hot. Taken paracetamol and feel a bit better now. Was reflected in the BG. 7.1 bed FBG 8.5 and then got to 10.2 before it started down again. Still in the 9's but Libre doesn't have up arrows now at least.

Reactions: Ultramum

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I hope you feel better soon. It's bad enough feeling poorly but its made worse by BG going up and not being able to correct it. Stay in the warm, drink lots and give yourself some TLC :wacky:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you feel better soon. It's bad enough feeling poorly but its made worse by BG going up and not being able to correct it. Stay in the warm, drink lots and give yourself some TLC :wacky:
I didn't feel too bad - just off colour. But this afternoon I felt really bad. I have No 2 here today but I had to lie down. Having a cup of boullion now and another paracetamol. My BG has been dropping steadily since 11am. Currently heading into the 5's. It's coming from my screwed up nervous system. Every time I feel a bit off it affects my damaged nervous system and makes me worse. Hopefully the First Defence and paracetamol will keep it at bay. I've been a bit dizzy too so something is lurking.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I hope you manage to get a bit of me-time to relax and fight off your bug.

My BG is all over the place today. I had a cup of fruit tea (no caffeine / no sugar) for lunch and BG shot up from 5.0 (before lunch) to 7.1 (2 hours after). I don't think it was the tea, more likely that my BG dropped down to the low 4s at some point so my liver gave me a boost. I wish she'd stop interfering - surely she's got to run out of glycogen soon?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you manage to get a bit of me-time to relax and fight off your bug.

My BG is all over the place today. I had a cup of fruit tea (no caffeine / no sugar) for lunch and BG shot up from 5.0 (before lunch) to 7.1 (2 hours after). I don't think it was the tea, more likely that my BG dropped down to the low 4s at some point so my liver gave me a boost. I wish she'd stop interfering - surely she's got to run out of glycogen soon?
You need my solution to liver dumps

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The answer to DP?
000279fcc66ee460d5e5d1d3f83a7ab3.jpg

That one? :) :) I wish.....

There has got to be a way of dealing with DP - we just haven't found it yet.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
FBG was 6.9 today! No idea where that came from as I was at 5.2 when I went to bed last night and I didn't have anything to eat after dinner last night.

@maglil55 How are you today? Feeling any better??

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes , still a bit achy but paracetamol takes care of that to let me get to aqua. BG is a bit better bed on 6.4 FBG 7.1 and I hit 8.8 pre breakfast which is a lot better than yesterday's 10.2.
Just going to get my aqua gear ready now. I always feel better after the aqua session.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes , still a bit achy but paracetamol takes care of that to let me get to aqua. BG is a bit better bed on 6.4 FBG 7.1 and I hit 8.8 pre breakfast which is a lot better than yesterday's 10.2.
Just going to get my aqua gear ready now. I always feel better after the aqua session.
And post aqua and swimming 5.7 and falling.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think I might have your lurgy - sore throat and headache - just in time for a busy weekend. :(

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And post aqua and swimming 5.7 and falling.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I might have your lurgy - sore throat and headache - just in time for a busy weekend. :(
It didn't last although I'm not sure if that was down to luck or First Defence/Paracetamol. The high blips were obviously down to the lurking bug. Still a bit light headed at times but otherwise OK and BG is fine again. Hopefully you'll get away with it too. Dose up on paracetamol, hot shower and early night for you.

Reactions: Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must be improving. Bed on 6.3 FBG 6.7 Pre breakfast 7.2. Best for a few days. Off to swimming with No 1 now.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, interesting to read about your fast @Chook.

I've said before that I think my problem with IF was that I was doing it too regularly - which led to my body deciding it was on a reduced calorie diet, and slowing my metabolism. Now I am back eating at least 2 meals a day, with maybe a snack too, my metablolism has adjusted back up to deal with that... haven't been on the scales for a while, but I don't think I have gained. But then, I have an endless capacity to guess my weight wrong! ;)

Sorry to hear you are under the weather again, @maglil55
I'm firmly convinced that school age children have one major niche in the planet ecosystem - as plague vectors.

Reactions: maglil55

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Brunneria. I found the two day fast surprisingly easy to do. I have the same problem with going to bed hungry as you do so I took some Nine bars up with me and put them on the bookcase on the landing and just knowing they were there definitely helped. I actually found it easier than two separate day fasts (not sure why). I will be doing it again probably on Thursday and Friday of this coming week - depending on my husband's shifts. I didn't notice the drop in energy I was expecting on the second day.

@maglil55 I completely forgot about my BG this morning. It wasn't until I woke up an hour later than usual that I remembered we were meeting friends for a Toby Carvery all you can eat breakfast. After brekkie we went shopping and finally got home an hour ago. So my first test of the day was at about 3pm and was 5.2. Not bad for after all that rushing round, a late VERY large breakfast (including some baked beans) and 125g of raspberries while shopping. :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All, interesting to read about your fast @Chook.

I've said before that I think my problem with IF was that I was doing it too regularly - which led to my body deciding it was on a reduced calorie diet, and slowing my metabolism. Now I am back eating at least 2 meals a day, with maybe a snack too, my metablolism has adjusted back up to deal with that... haven't been on the scales for a while, but I don't think I have gained. But then, I have an endless capacity to guess my weight wrong! ;)

Sorry to hear you are under the weather again, @maglil55
I'm firmly convinced that school age children have one major niche in the planet ecosystem - as plague vectors.
Got to agree on that. I reckon Nursery is more dangerous than a hospital as a den of infection. How the staff are not permanently I'll I don't know.
I'm still a little achy but the paracetamol is taking care of that. I was amazed to only hit 7.2 pre breakfast and you'll see 1 hour after swimming I was down to 5.2. Currently 1 hour after dinner and only 6.1 which is wonderful for me. I see you went for the celeriac chips too today.
I'm mulling over tomorrow's menu. I know the main is Sea bass - just debating a few possibilities.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Meant to say sister and her husband are away to Rome for 5 days. Delighted she felt well enough to go. Will give her a rest before chemo starts again.

Reactions: Chook and Ultramum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Brunneria. I found the two day fast surprisingly easy to do. I have the same problem with going to bed hungry as you do so I took some Nine bars up with me and put them on the bookcase on the landing and just knowing they were there definitely helped. I actually found it easier than two separate day fasts (not sure why). I will be doing it again probably on Thursday and Friday of this coming week - depending on my husband's shifts. I didn't notice the drop in energy I was expecting on the second day.

@maglil55 I completely forgot about my BG this morning. It wasn't until I woke up an hour later than usual that I remembered we were meeting friends for a Toby Carvery all you can eat breakfast. After brekkie we went shopping and finally got home an hour ago. So my first test of the day was at about 3pm and was 5.2. Not bad for after all that rushing round, a late VERY large breakfast (including some baked beans) and 125g of raspberries while shopping. :)
Impressive @Chook. Maybe the fast is the answer?

Reactions: Chook and Ultramum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has my overinflated liver finally given in? (Touch wood) Highest I got after dinner was 6.1. Dropped to 5.7 and currently on 5.2.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has my overinflated liver finally given in? (Touch wood) Highest I got after dinner was 6.1. Dropped to 5.7 and currently on 5.2.
I say again , has it given in? Bed 5.2 FBG 5.8 Pre breakfast 6.1!!
I actually dropped to 4.8 yesterday which made me a little nervous. I know it shouldn't but I'm not used to being that low. Didn't feel unwell or anything - just surprised. Still munching on my boiled egg supply for a quick breakfast.