Diet Doctor Web site

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone ever become a member of the Diet Doctor site? I am trying to decide whether it is worth it bearing in mind you can access their recipes anyway. The thing that really appeals to me is the weekly meal planner and shopping list as I must admit there are some weeks I'd like the planning done for me.

Reactions: Freema

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Has anyone ever become a member of the Diet Doctor site? I am trying to decide whether it is worth it bearing in mind you can access their recipes anyway. The thing that really appeals to me is the weekly meal planner and shopping list as I must admit there are some weeks I'd like the planning done for me.
Yes, I am a member. I think I get good value from the subscription because I read all the articles, watch all the presentations, videos etc I also use the recipes, but, as you say, they are available for free. So if it's just for the recipes, no, but if you are interested in the technical stuff, it is the best I think. I also follow Zoe Harcombe for a very analytical approach, and that costs too.

Reactions: Freema and maglil55

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I follow Zoe Harcombe. Basically, if nobody supports these individuals financially they cannot continue their independent research and we would be far less informed than we are. I personally don't subscribe to Diet Doctor, I'm not a planner. I'm an 'open the fridge door and pray for inspiration' sort of person and bearing in mind I never buy anything 'illegal' I can usually throw something together!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a low carb support group on facebook which is quite useful for recipes - ignore the 'this group is closed' announcement at the start, it has just not been updated for a whole.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a paid member of DietDoctor & on the Facebook group. I find the videos both interesting and motivating. The meal planner looks great. For what it costs per month I think it's great value - the price of a couple of coffees.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the replies. I think will give it a go. I was a member of the South Beach site for many years until they increased the cost to over £30 per month for features that were only useful if you lived in the USA. Trying to cancel the membership was murder. This site seems very reasonable.