diet only newbie hi

flightdeck

Hello my name is tim :D
I have been type 2 for 18mnth diet only . I have been looking round this forum for sometime now and it looks fab. I don't know any other diet only diabetics but it would be nice to join the forum and meet people online :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Tim

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of really friendly, helpful people on here, and lots of really useful info.

One of the moderators will be along soon to greet you properly.

Viv :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Tim and welcome to the forum :) This is a very friendly forum and we all help each other. Have a good read around and ask as many questions as you like. I know you have been diagnosed since 18 months but perhaps you would be interested to read this information put together by the forum monitors. This information might differ from what you have been told but it has helped us to get our levels down and control our diabetes properly. I'm sure you will find it useful. Here is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum Tim, there's plenty of type 2's on here who are diet controlled and have excellent blood glucose control.

Nigel

mtr01

Hi Tim, im also t2 diet, take 5mins of your presious time to check out the forums, i did and now swear by the advise given.. was 14.5 now 9 due to following tips on diet :D, after 3 weeks.

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
hi tim
welcome to the forum,
i have been diagnosed since dec 2010 and diet only
i took some advice from this forum and have already lost some weight and got my sugar levels down
hope you can manage to get good control of your blood sugars too
Rob :)

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Hi Tim ,welcome from me too . I`m type 2 , diagnosed 15 months ago and diet only , if I can help in any way, dont hesitate to ask and good luck

Clairslloyd

Hi Tim, nice to meet you :D I have just been diagnosed but will be put on meds at some point in the near future. Wish I could get my diet to work but also have other complications :( someone with more experience should be along soon and welcome once again :)

wobblyme

Dislikes
Offal (hate it) rudeness, inpolite people
Hi Tim...Type 2 here too and also on diet alone at the moment...Am hoping to keep it that way...Good luck and ask any questions you want too..Oh and welcome to the forum..

wobblyem :)

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Tim,

This is the best place to be, Ive been T2 for four years but have learnt more in the last two weeks since joining this forum than the past four years,
It lets you know your not alone, Ive ask a couple of questions on here and have had very quick replies and very good advise .......
Sue
Happy days :D

primmers

Hi Tim and welcome aboard.

Another endorsement for the advice to cut overall amount of carbs in the diet. I've not been doing it long but have felt much better and lost weight and seen my average fasting blood sugar levels go down.

Read lots, think about it and ask questions if you're unsure about anything. You'll be fine :)

flightdeck

:D Thankyou for all your greetings :D
I was at the Doc today and there seems to be some confusion regarding my levels drifting eraticly ! :roll: :roll:
He mentioned possibly going on to medication to stabilize my readings .
Has anyone else been stabilized for being too low?