Diet

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Conufsed. Newly diagnosed with type 2 and plus sized and test blood 2xday. I am thrilled with he number of 100 or less. So, confused by the single digit numbers you report.

Also, real life people say they basically eat what they want and assume the meds are keeping their numbers down. Yet, nutritionist are big on portions and carbs. Yes, I take glyburide.
Is eating often helpful?

Real life people meaning what ? Though diabetics are real life people, food is our disease. We don't always get to eat what we want. Lots of us need severe carb restriction. I am big on small portions and low carbs to keep my numbers down but everybody is different

I suggest you get your own meter and rest frequently. Sometimes we have spikes we never knew we had.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Conufsed. Newly diagnosed with type 2 and plus sized and test blood 2xday. I am thrilled with he number of 100 or less. So, confused by the single digit numbers you report.

Also, real life people say they basically eat what they want and assume the meds are keeping their numbers down. Yet, nutritionist are big on portions and carbs. Yes, I take glyburide.
Is eating often helpful?
Since this is a UK site, most of us have meters that read in mmol which is different to the system used by the US - hence the single digits.

In real life, people who trust in oral diabetic drugs for Type 2 without dietary control often experience high readings and risk of complications - some of us prefer to use dietary control to minimise our risks. All down to what we each find personally acceptable, I guess.