Hello, I have just started an educational course offered by my GP. The initial dietary advice to me seems counter intuitive. Before the course I had cut out a lot of bread, cereals, potatoes and noodles. The suggested meals coming out of the course seem to suggest add a lot of carbs that I would not have eaten prior to being diagnosed such as 6 new potatoes a to one sitting. I am trying to loose weight and am worried that the meals suggested have added a lot of carbs as in the Eatwell advice for bread pasta and potatoes. Has anyone gone through one of these courses and had results from the advice?
PS sorry for the typo in the thread title. I can't seem to edit it.
welcome : )Hello, I have just started an educational course offered by my GP. The initial dietary advice to me seems counter intuitive. Before the course I had cut out a lot of bread, cereals, potatoes and noodles. The suggested meals coming out of the course seem to suggest add a lot of carbs that I would not have eaten prior to being diagnosed such as 6 new potatoes a to one sitting. I am trying to loose weight and am worried that the meals suggested have added a lot of carbs as in the Eatwell advice for bread pasta and potatoes. Has anyone gone through one of these courses and had results from the advice?
PS sorry for the typo in the thread title. I can't seem to edit it.
Hello, I have just started an educational course offered by my GP. The initial dietary advice to me seems counter intuitive. Before the course I had cut out a lot of bread, cereals, potatoes and noodles. The suggested meals coming out of the course seem to suggest add a lot of carbs that I would not have eaten prior to being diagnosed such as 6 new potatoes a to one sitting. I am trying to loose weight and am worried that the meals suggested have added a lot of carbs as in the Eatwell advice for bread pasta and potatoes. Has anyone gone through one of these courses and had results from the advice?
PS sorry for the typo in the thread title. I can't seem to edit it.
see what your level is like after an hour, then 2 hours. Food has to have time to be digested and get into your blood stream.I have been signed up for the same course by my GP as I have been diagnosed as prediabetic - T2 - HbA1c 42 April 2019. I shll look forward to hearing their advice,
I am about 1/2 stone overweight but do a lot of walking and I wouldn't say I am unhealthy as we cooked from scratch mostly. My concern at the moment is trying to work out my blood sugar levels and when I should be, as I have been asked to do some testing.
A few minutes ago I tested myself having eaten a very healthy chocolate crossaint (no judging please) and my levels are 5.4 - I would have thought it should have been higher..........any gems of information would be much appreciated.
Pre diabetes is the time to get into the healthy eating patterns before diabetes sets in.I would skip those high sugar comfort things,its not good for the lifestyle you should be turning to.Consistency is what I would be aiming for.A few minutes ago I tested myself having eaten a very healthy chocolate crossaint (no judging please) and my levels are 5.4 - I would have thought it should have been higher..........any gems of information would be much appreciated.
Pre diabetes is the time to get into the healthy eating patterns before diabetes sets in.I would skip those high sugar comfort things,its not good for the lifestyle you should be turning to.Consistency is what I would be aiming for.
A test food is OK,thinking you can buck the system is not a good idea.
Cheating is not a good lifestyle choice in any circumstance is my take in all aspects of life.The outcome is almost always negative.
No courses in the Netherlands, but I've seen my share of dieticians. I saw one when I was obese and wanted help with that, and on her high carb, low fat advice I got morbidly obese, the carb content pushing me into T2. So when I saw her again after my diagnosis, a couple of years later, I pretty much had already figured the low carb thing out, and was losing weight and controlling my bloodsugars (When I was diagnosed everyone was on vacation and there were waitinglists, so I had time to study). Another dietician perscribed grapefruit with my -then- meds, which grapefruits shouldn't be taken with. So not even looking at the carb/fructose content there, I jokingly asked whether she was trying to kill me.Hello, I have just started an educational course offered by my GP. The initial dietary advice to me seems counter intuitive. Before the course I had cut out a lot of bread, cereals, potatoes and noodles. The suggested meals coming out of the course seem to suggest add a lot of carbs that I would not have eaten prior to being diagnosed such as 6 new potatoes a to one sitting. I am trying to loose weight and am worried that the meals suggested have added a lot of carbs as in the Eatwell advice for bread pasta and potatoes. Has anyone gone through one of these courses and had results from the advice?
PS sorry for the typo in the thread title. I can't seem to edit it.
A few people have noticed that fat and carb combined (chocolate croissant) for example may reduce the absolute level of a blood sugar spike but extend the time they are elevated.Thanks for the comment, I always say a little of everything nice is not harmful, its when it gets to be a habit you can't kick, then you need to worry.
Any help regarding the glucose level being low despite eating a high sugar content food would helpful
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?