Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
7a301e00fd76600d8225eadfec82f1ef.jpg

Having this for dinner on a hot Saturday evening just about hit the spot, it was lovely!

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Looks lovely, having something similar myself. Very pleased with self for resisting fish and chips on sea front at lunchtime,

hca well done you, I don't eat fish and chips are a killer in disguise (for me) even 10 chips puts my bg up to 12.0 so they are a big no no!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had a very successful evening meal too. My daughter chose a Thai restaurant to eat at to celebrate her eighteenth birthday! My heart sank when she said that's where she wanted, as I thought of all the carb ladened noodles and rice. I did a lot of Googling before we went and checked the menu on line. I picked a chicken massaman curry, I ate just the chicken and cashew nuts and left the potato (luckily there were only four chunks). I had stir fried vegetables instead of rice. My blood sugar before was 5.9 and 2 hours afterwards 5.7! Result! :)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks lovely!! And refreshing on a hot day !! Where's the avocado?? Lol. I couldn't stomach thick heavy greasy foods in hot weather. Good for you.

Reactions: Hammer1964

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Looks lovely!! And refreshing on a hot day !! Where's the avocado?? Lol. I couldn't stomach thick heavy greasy foods in hot weather. Good for you.

Hi Kirsten251 I don't actually like avocado, it reminds me of something 'fleshy' and I am vegetarian (no meat, meat substitute, no fish, shellfish or seafood) lucky I like veg!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kirsten251 I don't actually like avocado, it reminds me of something 'fleshy' and I am vegetarian (no meat, meat substitute, no fish, shellfish or seafood) lucky I like veg!
Can I ask wher you get your protein? I can't eat beans or other carb rich vegetarian foods. Boo.
I too love veggies but some are too hard for me to digest. Boo again. Lol.

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can I ask wher you get your protein? I can't eat beans or other carb rich vegetarian foods. Boo.
I too love veggies but some are too hard for me to digest. Boo again. Lol.

Hi, protein comes from peas, beans, eggs, peanut butter, cheese, yogurt and milk (I don't have a lot of milk) but have been veggie for 43 years.

Reactions: Mugwump