Disappointed yet again!

EllieLou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, just another update now I've had my appointment!
My new hospital is amazing! I feel like theres finally hope now im getting the support I need. I've only had 1 appointment and im already booked on the DAFNE course and they think I should be on a pump by march/april!!

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
That's great news for you @EllieLou, well done for sticking with it and best of luck.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hello, just another update now I've had my appointment!
My new hospital is amazing! I feel like theres finally hope now im getting the support I need. I've only had 1 appointment and im already booked on the DAFNE course and they think I should be on a pump by march/april!!

Fantastic really pleased for you.

PepperTed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Ellie. I have wanted (and needed) a pump since 2006. I finally got it last week and am starting insulin through it on Tuesday. It's been a long wait and I feel your pain, but there is hope!

The turning point for me was moving to a different area and transferring my diabetes care to a new hospital and new consultant. My previous consultant didn't like pumps for whatever reasons and I'm still really angry that he blocked me getting the care I needed for several years. My new team are much more forward thinking and have been incredibly supportive.

I just wanted to say I understand your frustration, and you will get there in the end!

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Hi Ellie. I have wanted (and needed) a pump since 2006. I finally got it last week and am starting insulin through it on Tuesday. It's been a long wait and I feel your pain, but there is hope!

The turning point for me was moving to a different area and transferring my diabetes care to a new hospital and new consultant. My previous consultant didn't like pumps for whatever reasons and I'm still really angry that he blocked me getting the care I needed for several years. My new team are much more forward thinking and have been incredibly supportive.

I just wanted to say I understand your frustration, and you will get there in the end!

We ought to start outing these neanderthals and luddites to forewarn others and get them sacked, sued or removed by the GMC.

Both you and @EllieLou ought to make formal complaints against your former trust citing the improvement in care you're getting from your new hospital.

EllieLou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ConradJ I think you might be right! I've struggled for 2 years, asking for the pump and my consultant a nurse wouldnt eveb consider it because it was too expensive! Ive had one appointment at my new hospital and straight away they listened and understood why I want and need the pump and set it all up there and then. To anyone near the area I recommend getting referred to Guys and St Thomas' hospital!