1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Discrimination

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Djtheboss, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Djtheboss

Djtheboss · Member

Hi,

I am wondering if anybody has any information in relation to a train host role/guard in the uk & diabetes?

I am currently being held back from this role in Ireland due to simply being a diabetic.

Can anybody tell me or find out if the same blanket ban applies in the uk with uk train companies.

2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

We had a similar question a while back and @Brunneria provided an excellent answer. I’ve tagged her while I go searching...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Djtheboss

Djtheboss · Member

Every country is different but if you can do it in the uk ?

4. Djtheboss

Djtheboss · Member

Any update from anyone that is/has experienced this or knows anybody that has ?

5. PeteN11

PeteN11 Type 1 · Newbie

I am not to sure there is anything "simple" about being a type 1 diabetic when it comes to "life critical" occupations.

My pre Type 1 occupation was as a Yacht Delivery Skipper/Instructor. I cannot now do that without very severe restrictions which I can fully understand and accept.

I am sorry you find yourself in a similar position.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook