Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
First you must understand that there is a difference between DKA and Nutritional Ketosis.

DKA is a serious, life threatening condition. Mainly experienced by those with Type 1 Diabetes but those with undiagnosed or very poorly managed Type 2 Diabetes can be affected.

Nutritional Ketosis is very different, this is when a body becomes adapted to using ketones as the main source of fuel.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
First you must understand that there is a difference between DKA and Nutritional Ketosis.

DKA is a serious, life threatening condition. Mainly experienced by those with Type 1 Diabetes but those with undiagnosed or very poorly managed Type 2 Diabetes can be affected.

Nutritional Ketosis is very different, this is when a body becomes adapted to using ketones as the main source of fuel.
Great information thank you my friend

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
DKA by doctor MED
Screenshot_2018-07-16-12-57-03.jpg

Reactions: Sani Thomas

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you
that mean every diabetes can get DKA when insulin very low and blood glucose less than 300mg/dl 15 mmol
Hi. I think you will find it's when the BS is very high, and not low, together with ketones due to inadequate insulin and the body is burning fat. There are other rarer conditions that break that rule.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi. I think you will find it's when the BS is very high, and not low, together with ketones due to inadequate insulin and the body is burning fat. There are other rarer conditions that break that rule.
Hi Yes You are right The problem starts when insulin decreases and glucose starts to rise

Here the body has to break the fat and begin to appear ketones bodies and polyuria lose of the Wight and lose magnesium and potassium here's big problem