Do hypos upset your stomach afterwards?

debbietowns

Hi,
i have recently been diagnosed with T2. My GP told me not to worry about a hypo because with T2 it is impossible to have a Hypo? Is that true?

I have what i call a hypo forexample, really busy today and forgot to eat lunch, and had nothing since 7am breakfast. I suddenly became sweaty shaky light headed and fubbling! I still was not actually hungry! BG was 3.5. I found it very hard to get it back up to a reasonable level. I had loads of dextros tablets. A carton of fuit juice and a sandwich. I kept testing every ten minutes as i felt so dreadful and was frightened (3 children in the house) i would pass out.It took about and hour to get up to 5.5.
My question is, every time this happens i get an upset tummy and am in and out the toilet. It also 'writes off the rest of the day as i feel totally exhausted and just need to sleep.
I feel like i have soooooo much to learn and am reading diabetes for dummies but when i apply it to me it doesn't seem to work.
Debbie

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum Debbie, A type two can hypo ,as you have found out!!Under 4 is a hypo!!In a type two however you will not go into a coma ,your liver will 'dump' glucose and bring you back up to an acceptable level. Are you on any diabetic medications? Some of these can cause hypos ,especially if you have not eaten after taking them.
You really need to eat regularly to stop this from happening.I know you are busy but you must look after yourself!!!

debbietowns

Hi, Thanks for the advice. I find it very difficult to think of myself first. I make sure everyone else has regular healthy meals but just forget myself!

I will try harder to be sensible!

Thanks
Debbie

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Try eating with the children,that way you remember your meal as well!