do I need permission? should-shouldn't I?

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13860891

Ladybird made into 'zombie' bodyguard by parasitic wasp

_53560517_53560516.jpg

British ladybird species struggling to compete with alien invaders
Fifth of native ladybird species in decline across the British Isles,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/jun/15/british-ladybird-species-struggling

Harlequin-ladybirds-007.jpg

So why have we come to know this type of bird as ‘Blackbirds?’

Just Like Mr and MRS Mrs always comes last two paces behind and all that :lol:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I shouldn't gatecrash the thread but...for some strange reason I'm beginning to think I should change my username! :wink: :lol:

sparkles

Wowwieeee….

……replies to reply to!!!

Thanks Anna! Great advice. I definitely do need reminding of this a lot of the time.

Donnellysdogs, I love the way I understand you!

Ebony, Bowell and Gappy, Anna and DD,
Thanks you all for thinking about it. I think all your answers are valid. Variety is the spice of life and no one should have the monopoly on thought.

Definitely some gender issues to consider here…….

Ebony wrote
(lots of bickering later amongst the guys...

Scientisty girl comes along... : 'oooooh a ladybird'

All scientisty guys : '****.')

Bowell wrote

(Just Like Mr and MRS .......Mrs always comes last two paces behind)

I suppose a question which is about an insect of one species but of both genders, which has been given a gendered name IS A QUESTION ABOUT GENDER!

EVEN IF the asker of the question intended it to be about WHY THE GENDERED NAME WAS GIVEN some time in the past which I don’t understand in the present.
(the meaning of the gendered name, or how and why it was given)

Ebony… I kind of like these sort of puzzles of life too…

Bowell, you seem to have a knack of reducing everything to sex, even ladybirds!!! But your replies are very thoughtful too…Thankyou!!!
I didn’t know the connection with religion (Our lady, or Mother Mary/ significance of) and find that a bit intriguing. Re twilight zone… yes imagination is amazing, shadow and substance, something real that you don’t quite understand but have to imagine or think about in order to comprehend. I can see why its called twilight zone…its not light not dark … a kind of in between place where ‘things understood’ and ‘things not quite understood‘ meet ,,,,therefore imagined (dreamed or feared) and thought about.

Thought and imagining is process we go through until we have enough to satisfy our curiosity and gain understanding. For a thinker, with a curiosity like mine the journey is endless…

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
(From the poem Auguries of innocence by William Blake.)

Bowell your second post is telling me something about the fact that we all live in ecocosm (I’m not sure that word exists, does now I suppose!) but Im trying to say we all live in relationships with other things and people in a changing world which we are trying to share and where everyone and every thing has competing needs.

The ladybird is renound among gardiners for being a good insect in that it eats aphids and other bugs gardiners want to protect crops from. But now it seems even the ladybird is under attack itself from predators. Its all very fascinating and all I want to do now is learn more
…about what?
Ladybirds? their name? my relationship to them? (Our relationship to them? Now and in the past) ladybirds relationship to other insects and their place in the food chain. etc. etc.

Thats called the wonder of wonderment!!!!

Ladybird64.… Amazing!!! Is this for real?
Thanks All!!!
SPARKLES

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Think i have a handle on this now Sid :D

[youtube]frI9tVCA71s[/youtube]

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I see its Benny Hill week this week Bob :D