Do They Always Test For Lada?

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used like the little jam cram ones from Morrisons 4 in a bag!!!ohh i do miss um, it's heartbreaking!!!
Ohhh i miss the little Doughnuts used get from Morrisons 4 in a bag freshly made in store!!!!and the smell of freshly baked bread waffting up your nostrils!!!!

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Do they not contain sugar?

Remember the sugar is counted within the carbohydrates hence any food that is very low carb is by definition very low sugar. However personally I would rather keep to real food as the list of ingredients on these jellies is too long for my liking.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
However personally I would rather keep to real food as the list of ingredients on these jellies is too long for my liking.
I'd love to keep to real food, but the list of real foods now available to me within my budget of 20g carbs daily is frankly not totally satisfying to me, much as I appreciate fried eggs and fetta cheese. If I am going to stick this out for the rest of my life I need some treats to look forward at the end of my Spartan meals. 10cal jellies have joined Slim pasta on my list of "fake" foods that make low carb bearable.

Reactions: ringi

mrsmusic

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I get the impression from comments on this forum that things are changing: there are a number of threads starting "I was diagnosed today but don't know yet which type."
However, this does not appear to be common enough for it to be the norm.

When I was diagnosed, there was no such test done.
My diagnosis was based on "you're too thin to be type 2"!
In my case the diagnosis was correct but I'm not sure it was for the right reasons.
Hi, I'm in Australia so it may not be the same but this was my experience. ..diagnosed at 52 as Type 2 diabetic (quote "you're 52, it's type 2"gp)