Do UK paramedics not leave copy of treatment information?

diva19871987

Re: Do UK paramedics not leave copy of treatment information

shop said:
Hi Diva,

Sorry for my late reply too, anyway glad to hear from you. I hope that your appt with the Drs goes ok today. I agree you don't need any more bad stuff to have to deal with. However I think you can see that we are concerned for you and I agree with Carbsrok in saying that the lack of care you have recieved is unacceptable!! We are always here as a supprort and are looking forward to some positive feedback however little it may be. 1 step at a time :) It does seem that the fact that you are not under the hospital had been severely detremental to your care and support! BDEC is a atart and the books that have been recommended! I have had slip ups but isnt that how we learn! Let us know how you get on. We are really behind you :)

Just spoken with another GP by phone as my own GP was unavailable so my appointment got cancelled first thing! :cry: Anyway I have been told my thyroid is over active and has got a lot worse since i was diagnosed 2 years ago. I will now be taking 15mg of carbimazole instead of 5mg and she did not seem suprised that i have lost nearly 3 stone in 2 months! I will ask my GP if I can be referred to my local hospital as it seems better care should be given! The doc did however tell me a HBA1C of 4.9 is acceptable! :shock: I think i will be asking first thing tomorrow because just from advice given here I now know it IS NOT! Thank you so much for everyones advice. :D

iHs

Hi

There might be a chance that once your overactive thyroid is no so active that your metabolism will be better. Your hba1c of 4.9% is not acceptable for someone who is dependant on insulin. I think once you see your own GP and say that you are not at all happy with the way you are controlling your bg levels and ask to be referred to a hospital consultant with a view to finding out about having a pump, then the GP will have no option but refer you. I think a consultant will be upset that your a1c is so very low and will give you a friendly telling off.

shop

Hi Diva sorry for the late reply but had probs accessing the site.

No wonder you've been having hypos. I started my endocrine journey with an overactive thyroid. I am pretty sure that would have made you have more hypos as everything speeds up. I was on 15mgs of carbimazole and propranalol aswell to treat it. I bet you've been exhausted!!! I do agree tho that you are probably on too much insulin. I was on medication for my overative thyroid for about a year, then it was ok for a year then came back which is why I had radio iodine treatment. Then went underactive. I was under an endocrinologist at the hosp for thyroid as was told its more tricky than an underctive one. Maybe if you are taken care of by the hosp they will be able to sort both Thyroid and T1. I definately think you need to be under a consultant who will probably give you the care and support that you need. I still think the level of care has been poor as as soon as i was told i had an overactive thyroid I was refered to the hosp straight way...........Hope that you get it all sorted soon. Take care .. :)

diva19871987

shop said:
Hi Diva sorry for the late reply but had probs accessing the site.

No wonder you've been having hypos. I started my endocrine journey with an overactive thyroid. I am pretty sure that would have made you have more hypos as everything speeds up. I was on 15mgs of carbimazole and propranalol aswell to treat it. I bet you've been exhausted!!! I do agree tho that you are probably on too much insulin. I was on medication for my overative thyroid for about a year, then it was ok for a year then came back which is why I had radio iodine treatment. Then went underactive. I was under an endocrinologist at the hosp for thyroid as was told its more tricky than an underctive one. Maybe if you are taken care of by the hosp they will be able to sort both Thyroid and T1. I definately think you need to be under a consultant who will probably give you the care and support that you need. I still think the level of care has been poor as as soon as i was told i had an overactive thyroid I was refered to the hosp straight way...........Hope that you get it all sorted soon. Take care .. :)

Hi, Back again! :D I just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the over active thyroid you had and anyone else on this forum who have this too. I dont want anyone to think I am being ignorant and to take this the wrong way but a couple of things have been mentioned to me by friends and just wanted to know a little more. Please dont take this the wrong way! Right ive had an overactive thyroid for 2 years and from my last post it has got worse and I am on more meds at the moment. In over active thyroid is a swelling in the neck a symptom and will this always happen, I dont have this now but worried it may happen if treatment is not sucsessful. If it does happen when treatment is sucsessful does the swelling in the neck settle down again? I know there is a special name for this but not sure what it is!! Also my dad told me another symptom can be buldging of the eyes? Is this right? I dont have this either but can this happen at a later stage? Has anyone had these problems as a result of an over active thyroid? As ive had this for 2 years i still dont know whether these will even happen. People seems to think its great having an overactive thyroid because of weight loss and i actually had to stop myself slapping my friend because she said she would not take the meds and keep it high, being thin is not great when you also feel terrible! :evil:

shop

Hi Diva,

The swelling in the neck ...a goitre. I didn't have it. The bulging eyes.... I didnt have them. My consultant tested me for Graves Disease and he said I didnt have the antibody. My Mother in law didnt have a goitre but did get slightly bulging eyes and has been left with eye problems. She had double vision. She wears special glasses for this. TBH every case is different and there are different severities. I remember my consultant telling me that overactive thyroid is not an exact science. Treatment is also dependant on the individual and thier symptoms. I am aware of 3 Carbimazole, partial or complete removal of the thyroid and radioactive iodine treatment. I had carbimazole on 2 seperate attempts ( over a total of a 2 yr period .) Then radio iodine which I was warned may make me go underactive, which it did. Although once on thyroxine is easier to control. You friend is very ignorant about the condition. My pulse without medication was well over 120. I felt exhausted anxious, and had the most uncontrollable diorreah......I have to go little one woken up will cont later...xxx

diva19871987

shop said:
Hi Diva,

The swelling in the neck ...a goitre. I didn't have it. The bulging eyes.... I didnt have them. My consultant tested me for Graves Disease and he said I didnt have the antibody. My Mother in law didnt have a goitre but did get slightly bulging eyes and has been left with eye problems. She had double vision. She wears special glasses for this. TBH every case is different and there are different severities. I remember my consultant telling me that overactive thyroid is not an exact science. Treatment is also dependant on the individual and thier symptoms. I am aware of 3 Carbimazole, partial or complete removal of the thyroid and radioactive iodine treatment. I had carbimazole on 2 seperate attempts ( over a total of a 2 yr period .) Then radio iodine which I was warned may make me go underactive, which it did. Although once on thyroxine is easier to control. You friend is very ignorant about the condition. My pulse without medication was well over 120. I felt exhausted anxious, and had the most uncontrollable diorreah......I have to go little one woken up will cont later...xxx

Thank you very much for you quick reply. I agree my friend who said such a stupid comment about a condition she knew nothing about was ignorant and i told her this! As another example I know many friends who think diabetics "have to have loads of sugar all the time" when they know very little if anything about the condition at all! I could scream when I get asked why am i diabetic when im not overweight!!!!!!!!!! Rant over! :evil:

You mention the graves desiese and you were tested for it, when I was first diagnosed with an overactive thyroid 2 years ago I got the letter from my GP which said it was probably caused from graves desiese, I thought graves desiese was the over active thyroid? Is this a seperate condition then? :? I forgot to mention when I spoke to the doctor yesterday she prescribed me 2 weeks of beta blockers. What are these and are they the same sort of meds you were taking? Sorry your probably sick of me now. :)

shop

Not at all matey. Im still a lttle confused about that to. I was told that I didnt have the antibody for graves disease but I still had an overactive thyroid. The main thing is that I got treated. Yes the propranalol was my betablocker. Some people can be so ignorant about both diabetes and thyroid. One tip though dont just stop taking the beta blockers without your GP advice on if you need to do it gradually. Just before starting radio iodine my Consultant said that a week before treatment to stp both carbimazole and propranalol. I had a funny turn at work and my gp said I shouldnt have just stopped it like that! It was horrid being overactive. It is much more easy the way I am now. Hope this helps... :)

diva19871987

shop said:
Not at all matey. Im still a lttle confused about that to. I was told that I didnt have the antibody for graves disease but I still had an overactive thyroid. The main thing is that I got treated. Yes the propranalol was my betablocker. Some people can be so ignorant about both diabetes and thyroid. One tip though dont just stop taking the beta blockers without your GP advice on if you need to do it gradually. Just before starting radio iodine my Consultant said that a week before treatment to stp both carbimazole and propranalol. I had a funny turn at work and my gp said I shouldnt have just stopped it like that! It was horrid being overactive. It is much more easy the way I am now. Hope this helps... :)

Thank you made me feel a hell of a lot better. Hopefully treatment will work soon so I can stop feeling like im on fast forward and hyper active all the time. :D

shop

Your Welcome....can only get better from now... :)

troika1

Sorry that you have so many hypos. As far as I know paras should leave you with a carbon copy of your treatment, however this could be affected by location. You could contact your regional NHS for information.