Do you live in South London and have type 2 diabetes?

Diabetes UK is working with an important project based in South London. We want to help them understand your experiences of managing your diabetes and the support you have or haven’t received to help you do this.

We are holding four events spread across South London. It is an exciting opportunity for you to feed your views and experiences into the project and help them understand how people living in South London can be helped to manage their diabetes better.

You are invited to attend one of the following dates and tell us about your experiences:

Wednesday 29th February – (Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham) Local venue TBC
Wednesday 14th March – (Greenwich, Bexley, Bromley) Local venue TBC
Wednesday 21st March – (Croydon, Sutton, Merton) Local venue TBC
Friday 23rd March – (Kingston, Richmond, Wandsworth) Local venue TBC

If you are unable to attend an event on the date selected for your borough, you are welcome to attend one of the other days instead.

Diabetes UK will pay all reasonable out of pocket expenses and provide lunch and refreshments on the day.

If you are interested in participating or would like some more information, please call Katie Wilson on 0207 424 1008 or email [email protected].

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
You have mail...

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Likewise..I want some more details though! :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
BUMPITY-BUMP!!

I'm bumping this up again..surely the esteemed Mr Bonkers and myself can't be the only people in these areas?

I understand about those who have to work and have prior commitments but those who could make it, please try. There is no guarantee that anything will change but there is no point complaining if we don't try and get our opinions across!
Or maybe there are some that would like to say how wonderful their healthcare has been and they see no point whatsoever in self-monitoring. :wink: No seriously..it makes a change to be consulted...I intend to make the most of the opportunity.

Anyone else?? 8)