1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Do you recommend based nutritional info

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by pkumar, Jan 23, 2021.

1. pkumar

pkumar · Member

I have been eating daily attached product mixed with water and milk. One teaspoon of attached product mixed with hotwater and milk. Based on nutritional, im thinking that carb is high. Do you suggest to drop. Thoughts?

2. pkumar

pkumar · Member

3. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

As a T2 I wouldn't touch it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Thats more carbs per 100g than I eat in a week!

• Like Like x 1
  5. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

One teaspoon is normally about 5g, maybe 10g if fully heaped, so we're only taling 4-7g of carbs..... Probably not too lethal. But if the milk is low fat you may be having too many carbs in the milk.

But reading the blurb, they seem to be advising it as a cereal alternative, and T2s generally don't do well with cereals.

I guess the real question is, why are you taking it? Fibre, vitamins? Do you like the taste?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. pkumar

pkumar · Member

Thank you all. Will drop this immediately. Since recently diagnosed, learning doea and dont

7. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Most recently diagnosed people try all sorts of things (often things they realise later weren't advisable) while they are trying to work out what is going on.

The usual advice is DON'T PANIC!
    Followed by the suggestion that it can take about 6 months to fully get a grip on what is good and bad for you.

I did all sorts of strange things just after diagnosis including eating loads of muesli and fruit (because "healthy") before being told just how much carbohydrate and sugar I was eating, and that it might not be a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook