Doc says I could come off Metformin soon ...

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed in January, worked really hard, followed LCHF and exercised - and my HbA1c has tumbled.

My GP has just changed, the previous one retired. I was discussing Metformin and the 'stomach issues' as we will camp for 3 weeks in August - no immediate access to a toilet

She said I should hopefully be able to come off Metformin by then, and was really supportive of me coming off all the drugs I can. So refreshing - I feel really happy

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am indeed heading into Soho where I will be enjoying a few glasses of red with my steak and no chips ;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could always just stop taking them.. I did with no ill effects.. completely the opposite in fact.. If you are still having tummy issues after nearly 4 months then I think you are reacting badly to them. Hope the steak and wine was great by the way.. Regards
Mark

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could always just stop taking them.. I did with no ill effects.. completely the opposite in fact.. If you are still having tummy issues after nearly 4 months then I think you are reacting badly to them. Hope the steak and wine was great by the way.. Regards
Mark

Not always having tummy issues, seems a bit random. Not sure if just stop them, but encouraging that I should have the option. That said, bad week so I need to focus more next week

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most of this stuff is small steps, coming off the drugs would be more than that and something to aim for if you want.
Focus is good.
Hope the site visit went okay.
Good weekend to you.