Doctor thinks i may have diabetes?

Tantawangalo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
One doctor was in a rush to put me on meds and reckoned i was not telling him about my symptoms.
he made me out to be difficult when i answered his questions and just rushed to assumptions
I don't have any symptoms, except high Blood Sugar.

My family doctor wasn't concerned and said its not an issue, that i need to work on less stress in my life.
I had a heart attack and he manages my health, so far the results excellent and no repeats.
We eat well and small size meals , very healthy ..
At 66 i am still active, don't drink much and on low carb intake.

Read something recently about stress and diabetes?
Blood Sugar is high but can be on 8 often don't eat any **** or sugar.
I would just like more peace, retired recently and to the day became care for my brother with alcoholic dementia. i hate every day with him so i go to the farm and set his meals out before i go.
Two years ago i had a heart attack stress work, brother replaced the stress with his ****.
My life and my wife have been invaded by the brother, every day there is his needy and he does or won't do anything for himself.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One doctor was in a rush to put me on meds and reckoned i was not telling him about my symptoms.
he made me out to be difficult when i answered his questions and just rushed to assumptions

My family doctor wasn't concerned and said its not an issue, that i need to work on less stress in my life.
I had a heart attack and he manages my health, so far the results excellent and no repeats.

I would just like more peace, retired recently and to the day became care for my brother with alcoholic dementia. i hate every day with him so i go to the farm and set his meals out before i go.
Two years ago i had a heart attack stress work, brother replaced the stress with his ****.
My life and my wife have been invaded by the brother, every day there is his needy and he does or won't do anything for himself.

Hello there Tantawangalo - Is your doctor doing more tests to investigate your ootential diabetes?

In other regards, it sounds like you need some support with your brother. Are your medical team aware of what you're up against with him? I would hope there could be some help available to help you cope with that unexpected turn in life.

Does your brother attend any social activities? I know Age UK do lunch clubs where they collect and return their clients, and so on.

I'm sorry if that is sketchy, but it strikes me from your post that your family stresses are the major part of your personal concerns.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You say you eat healthily. What does this mean to you? What sort of meals are typical for you? It’s possible that whilst promoted a school healthy by the media or government or manufacturer it may not be so good for a diabetic.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sorry about your family situation but seeing how stressful that is your raised blood sugar could be due to your high level of stress and your doctor does need to do more tests before he says you are diabetic

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ask your surgery what your HbA1c number. It gives you a starting point.

As others have said, can you tell us everything you ate yesterday?

Stress does indeed raise glucose and it does sound as though you have your hands full.

Can any other family members help out a bit?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh, high bloodsugar is "not an issue" eh? It'll just help you work yourself into the ground quicker. *sigh*. Like others said, get those numbers, and the tools to take care of yourself. Time to put you and yours first. Get a meter to check your bloods, (check before a meal and 2 hours after the first bite. if you go up more than 2.0 mmol/l, the meal was carbier than you could process back out again.). Learn what food is actually healthy for a T2. The usual "healthy" foods aren't... No more potatoes, bread, rice, pasta (Brown nor white!) corn, muesli/cereals, fruits, other than berries, starfruit, avocado and tomatoes... You could let us know what your usual meals look like, and we could weak them for you.

It's a shame your GP isn't supportive of you and your situation (doesn't sound like he is, anyway)... High bloodsugars don't do anything for your emotional wellbeing, and stress doesn't help bloodsugars either. Bit of a vicious circle, that... Not to mention any damage done to your eyes, nerveendings, kidneys, heart... And the latter has been through quite enough.

You're angry, and rightfully so. Time to put your foot down, and get yourself some help in caring for a brother who, from the sound of it, put himself where he is now. (Not to sound heartless, but .... You've got enough to contend with!). Take care of you. It'll help you live a longer, happier life with a more pleasant marriage to boot.

Kick ***!
Jo