Does anyone make his/her own almond flour?

Drfarxan

Hello everyone
So almond flour is keto friend i want to try an learn to make bread with it.
If the answer is yes to the title can you tell me which device you use(post its picture) so i can buy it.
And the process you use to make it.
As usual i can probably find a video in youtube or an article. But i am more interested on the formers experience.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Far easier to simply give up bread..

The fakes are never as "good" and feeding our addiction just prolongs the agony.

Drfarxan

Far easier to simply give up bread..

The fakes are never as "good" and feeding our addiction just prolongs the agony.
You ever tried almond bread?
The thing is i need something to fill me up. Doing that with meat only can be expensive and green dont do it for me

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The thing is i need something to fill me up. Doing that with meat only can be expensive and green dont do it for me

I've tried most of the "fake" breads, they all trigger my rather unfortunate food addiction.

Hence my saying they are best avoided.

I even tried some "real" bread last year in a Michelin starred restaurant but it tasted horrid so I can safely say I have zero interest in ever eating it again.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What about increasing healthy fats to fill you up if protein isn’t an option? Are you actually hungry or wanting that feeling of physical fullness?

Drfarxan

What about increasing healthy fats to fill you up if protein isn’t an option? Are you actually hungry or wanting that feeling of physical fullness?
Hungry maybe or maybe i am still used to feeling my stomach wirh breads or rice to feel full.
What are your suggestion for healthy fats?

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone
If the answer is yes to the title can you tell me which device you use(post its picture) so i can buy it.
As usual i can probably find a video in youtube or an article. But i am more interested on the formers experience.
I use small coffee grinder, similar to this one Small Electric Coffee Grinder Bean Krups Mill Grind (spice-grinder.biz)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Drfarxan

Many here grind their own almond flour from whole almonds and report good results.

The major difference between ground almonds and almond flour is that almond flour has a lot of the oil removed (as it is made from whatever is left over after the oil from making almond oil is removed).

Personally, I just order the flour since I found a relatively inexpensive source here in Germany. There are also some other sources of low-carb flours, which are less expensive.

Last edited:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone
Ninja Nutribullet or a Kenwood Chef. Just half fill the shredder unit with almond kernels (from Lidl in my case) and dry blitz for about 2 minutes. Shake/scrape the flour out when done. Not perfect, but good enough for fathead pizza bases and 'wholemeal' bread

Important note: This process will not work on nuts still in their shells

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FWIW, if cost is the issue, I dont think you're going to be happy with almond flour cooking. Almonds cost more than pork or chicken here, but are still cheaper than beef.