Does being happy / laughing lower your blood sugar ?!

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am type 1, in the past few days it has been going low with more food and less insulin that I thought it will be high...but it didn't go high it was low instead, and I was wondering if being happy ,going out with the school or watching funny things and laughing is the reason?
Can any one help ?!

Reactions: 2 people

rstonepal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetic Educators, people who do not listen, people who do not actively try to make their situation better, people who think I am in their textbook, people who think I am a standard T1D.
Hi, I am type 1, in the past few days it has been going low with more food and less insulin that I thought it will be high...but it didn't go high it was low instead, and I was wondering if being happy ,going out with the school or watching funny things and laughing is the reason?
Can any one help ?!
That is a wonderful question! My sugars have been low over the last few days and I have not changed anything. I do know that it will lower your blood pressure, especially when you are hooked up to the machine.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Emotions evoke physiological responses so if stress can raise BG why not feelings of happiness and the joy of being alive together with relaxation bring them down. Which ever you certainly seem to feel better for it. so carry on laughing. :)

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you
Emotions evoke physiological responses so if stress can raise BG why not feelings of happiness and the joy of being alive together with relaxation bring them down. Which ever you certainly seem to feel better for it. so carry on laughing. :)
Thank you for this :) hope we are all happy

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is a wonderful question! My sugars have been low over the last few days and I have not changed anything. I do know that it will lower your blood pressure, especially when you are hooked up to the machine.
True:) nothing have changed,
Hope you have been laughing too;)

rstonepal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetic Educators, people who do not listen, people who do not actively try to make their situation better, people who think I am in their textbook, people who think I am a standard T1D.
As fate would have it, I received something in email and just cut and pasted this:

Some studies have found that laughter may boost infection-fighting antibodies and immune cells in the body. And when scientists at the University of Maryland studied the effects on blood vessels when people were shown either comedies or dramas, they found that the people who watched dramas tended to tense up, restricting blood flow. The people who watched comedies had normal blood flow.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Not if accompanied by bags of sweeties. ;)