Type 2 Does burning the toast reduce the carb content?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We used to be able to get special plastic bags that survived the toaster and allowed toasted cheese sandwiches. Google "toasted sandwich bags" for current suppliers - still available apparently.
Now what would happen if you burnt the bag :arghh: Thanks for letting me know but I think that I will stick to the grill One slice of bread holds a lot of cheese and bubbles with the marmite on top yummy :)
Carol

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK Last night I had a whole boil-in-the bag kipper fillets on toast (2 slices). The toast was not as deeply incinerated as my normal morning fare. My Pre / 2Hr / 4 Hr readings were
5 /7.1 / 4.5 Will try to repeat soon using bread untreated (2 slices) to compare and report back again but I need to score some more kippers.
OK got a repeat of this experiment (n=1) with another pack of kippers, and this time 2 slices of buttered bread from the packet
My Pre / 2Hr / 4 Hr readings with toasted freezer bread were
5 /7.1 / 4.5
My Pre / 2Hr / 4 Hr readings with buttered bread were
4.8 /5.3 / 4.8

So the toast figures had a higher post prandial rise, but given the accuracy of measurement allowance, then the result is not significant either way. Case Not Proven. Case Closed.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
OK got a repeat of this experiment (n=1) with another pack of kippers, and this time 2 slices of buttered bread from the packet
My Pre / 2Hr / 4 Hr readings with toasted freezer bread were
5 /7.1 / 4.5
My Pre / 2Hr / 4 Hr readings with buttered bread were
4.8 /5.3 / 4.8

So the toast figures had a higher post prandial rise, but given the accuracy of measurement allowance, then the result is not significant either way. Case Not Proven. Case Closed.

Did you butter the toast?