Does Fiasp Cause Weight Gain

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I have been pumping with fiasp for some time (over a year) and have not had any weight gain. In fact I have lost 2 stone over the last 4 months.
thanks that is great to know

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fascinating thread. Thanks. Not on Fiasp so won't offer any gerneralised comments re the tendency of insulin to cause weight gain other than after a long time being diabetic are you needing larger doses to control your blood sugars in spite of eating the same or less carbs? Could that be the Double Diabetic thing i.e. insulin resistance on top of type 1? As you noted a decrease in oestogen would also cause a change in body shape but the double diabetes will have the downstream effect of you needing more insulin basal and bolus which would then encourage your body to store more fat. If your diet is tightly controlled but you are still not losing weight that suggests you are right to look at other explanations concerning your medication.

Reactions: kitedoc

DEL169

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m a newbie to Fiasp, after 4 months on Novarapid, and yes, I have experienced weight gain 93kg to 100kg in the 6 months period since Omnipod Dash intro, but I’m 6 ft 2, 56 years old, 45 years Type 1, and ….……….. my time in target has gone from 72% to 85% and HbA1c is 6.4. I rarely hypo but cycling 15 miles, despite temp basal and carbs is proving difficult with sugars. My consultant says to reduce basal which I will do so soon but, I’m only 2 months in with Fiasp. My advice, get blood sugars flat lined first then tackle exercise and weight gain and always, always remain positive. Life is a roller coaster as a Type 1 x