Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'd have to have about 2 large tubs before I'd feel full... :hungry:
I do have quite a bit myself Paula. I buy the 1kg size tubs and divide it into 8/9 portions which is about 4x times the amount of an individual pot ;)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Isn't it though? I ate it for breakfast with nuts and on it's own at dinnertime when my rotten family were eating Vienetta :)

Reactions: 2 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lovely! Sadly I can't digest berries- but that's another story!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Isn't it though? I ate it for breakfast with nuts and on it's own at dinnertime when my rotten family were eating Vienetta :)
It's nicer than Vienetta! :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It tastes and feels like eating extra thick double cream to me now but Ice Cream used to be my weakness in pre lchf days

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I add double cream and almonds and/or a few berries to my yog I can also manage half a lidl high protein roll with lots of cheese toasted for breakfast The best way is to test and see
CAROL

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To be honest I am just trying to gauge what is good and bad etc... I love Belgian beer, so much so I holiday in Belgium and am learning Flemish. So my next test will be a Westmalle Tripel, and see what that does to me. I'd love to be able to have one of these every now and again. Where I find something is causing spikes I'll change and test again until I get it right. I'm assuming it is a long drawn out process for most people finding out what affects them specifically. Breakfast is a big issue for me as I get up to come to work at 5:30, I work in IT and survive on black coffee and water through the day, but I love a nice filling breakfast and know full well I won't be bothered to make eggs and bacon at that time. I'll keep changing and testing till I find something that works. Evening meals I think I have sorted out. Cheers again guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
Some here find that the Lidl high protein roll is low (ish) carb and is quite filling. If you put butter on it and a thin flavour layer on top, then the fat in the butter will also act in your favour in terms of carbs and hunger pangs. According to recent research, the butter is also beneficial for improving the lipid panel, but not everyone accepts these findings.

Reactions: 3 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you tried full fat Greek yogurt for breakfast @comicbookguy75 ? I eat mine with crushed walnut halves stirred through. Very filling and I can last for up to 6hrs without eating again
Please, Please whatever you do, NEVER eat crushed apricot kernals. This poison is currently being touted as a miracle cure for cancer, and was recently pushed onto my son who is undergoing treatment. it is sold by several online merchants (Including Amazon) without any warning, but the truth is it contains a nitrile compound that the body can synethesise into KCN, i.e. Potassium Cyanide which is a potentially toxic form of Cyanide.

The company trying to push this cure onto my son is a multiple Level Marketing organisation (MLM) and the Distributors are not told of this in their training, so do not pass it on to their 'clients'. They peddle it as a health food, and target cancer patients as a priority clientele.

Unfortunately it is not illegal to sell the kernals, and the only recourse is a misselling rap through trading standards against the Independant Distributor, not the company. A few actions have been successful, and one supplier (The Vitamin Service.com) did get closed down in USA.

Walnut kernals are fine, Apricot kernals a definite NO NO.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Heel basic in Vlaams is vaak genoeg, omdat het zo eenvoudig is. Ik vind het zo leuk,dat zoveel worden in Vlaams/Nederlands zijn eigenlijk twee kleiner worden zamen gestoten zijn, bijvoorbeeld 'Neusgatjes' voor 'Nostrils'.
of ... droogsweeper for spin dryer (totally logical) - centrifuge in Dutch though :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Please, Please whatever you do, NEVER eat crushed apricot kernals. This poison is currently being touted as a miracle cure for cancer, and was recently pushed onto my son who is undergoing treatment. it is sold by several online merchants (Including Amazon) without any warning, but the truth is it contains a nitrile compound that the body can synethesise into KCN, i.e. Potassium Cyanide which is a potentially toxic form of Cyanide.

The company trying to push this cure onto my son is a multiple Level Marketing organisation (MLM) and the Distributors are not told of this in their training, so do not pass it on to their 'clients'. They peddle it as a health food, and target cancer patients as a priority clientele.

Unfortunately it is not illegal to sell the kernals, and the only recourse is a misselling rap through trading standards against the Independant Distributor, not the company. A few actions have been successful, and one supplier (The Vitamin Service.com) did get closed down in USA.

Walnut kernals are fine, Apricot kernals a definite NO NO.
Yes, my family newspaper "i " did an in- depth article on this a couple of weeks ago

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, my family newspaper "i " did an in- depth article on this a couple of weeks ago
Good on them. I found out why the same MLM crew recommend an 'alkaline' diet to go with their showpiece moneymaker, and that is that not so much KCN is produced so the dose can be higher, and they can sell more of their expensive wonder cure. Talk about home made chemotherapy. And its natural so it must be healthy.

My son has done his own research and stopped thinking of subscribing. And he was telling me that LCHF would be dangerous for him!